Starbucks Cake Pops

Decorating By Katiebelle74 Updated 7 Jun 2011 , 3:55am by imagenthatnj

Katiebelle74 Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 2:02am
post #1 of 12

Ok so I have never tried or made a cake pop, though I have heard of them on here. I bought one today at starbucks - tiramisu flavor, and I have to say... I DO NOT GET IT. While it was edible I would be fine if I went my whole life and never had one again. What's the deal with this? Is it just a bad rendition at starbucks? Or is THAT what the hype is about??

11 replies
leah_s Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 2:24am
post #2 of 12

IDK, but I made 750 of them for a wedding last weekend. ($$$$) icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 2:26am
post #3 of 12

I thought the Starbucks ones are pretty good...nothing I would crave, but it was pretty good. But yeah...that's what the hype is about. Kinda different huh. I guess its just like all the cupcake hype...all these cutsie cupcake shops and really...its just a cupcake. A regular old cupcake with a really cute shop.

mplaidgirl2 Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 2:27am
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebelle74

Ok so I have never tried or made a cake pop, though I have heard of them on here. I bought one today at starbucks - tiramisu flavor, and I have to say... I DO NOT GET IT. While it was edible I would be fine if I went my whole life and never had one again. What's the deal with this? Is it just a bad rendition at starbucks? Or is THAT what the hype is about??

The starbucks ones are gross. You have to have a good one.

Sorelle Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 2:28am
post #5 of 12

There's a whole thread on cake pops from the peeps (me included) who don't care for them. The Tirimisu flavor at Starbucks is their best (imo) The white cake was like dough icon_razz.gif yuck! I found them soggy and a much bigger yuck than my own. For me I think it may be the idea of how they're made Myself I just don't care for them people order mine all the time and love them, whatever. Starbuck's are gross waste of $ or should I say "waist" of $

jewordsoflife Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 2:32am
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebelle74

I tried one too and I'm with you! I was totally UNIMPRESSED!! I have however made some of my own and I think they taste so much better icon_smile.gif That being said, I'm not really that crazy about cake truffles because they're so sweet and the texture turns me off a bit (though many people LOVE them) so I've invested in the babycakes cake pop maker and am planning to give those a shot. I'm thinking I'll like them better thumbs_up.gif

southerncross Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 2:58am
post #7 of 12

I think cake pops have the taste and texture of the predigested . I like the look of them so I finally go a babycakes baker. I infuse a bit of ganache then dip in coating chocolate. They are turning out to be more popular than cake pops.

imagenthatnj Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 3:00am
post #8 of 12

I've had the Starbucks pops. I don't like the idea of cake mixed with frosting and I don't like the sweetness either. But I still think they're good. I like the birthday cake, the pink one.

I have to say that one day after leaving work in New York City, I walked from Starbucks to Starbucks on my way to the bus station, looking for them; I went to 5 Starbucks and they were all gone at 6pm. I guess people do buy them. I finally got them the next day (had to buy them at lunch time). I brought a dozen as a present to my family and most of my family didn't like them. They said they didn't like them because they tasted like raw cookie dough.

So I've gotten the babycakes cake pop maker, too. I think they'll eat those, since that is just cake with a coating.

sugarandstuff Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 3:03am
post #9 of 12

I don't get them either. I made them once and something about the smooshing the cake with the icing - yuck - and everyone thought they were too sweet. Maybe it was the way I made it. However, I did buy my 4 year old niece one at Starbucks and she went ga-ga over it.

Katiebelle74 Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 3:42am
post #10 of 12

Ok glad to know I'm not the only one. I do not like the texture. Weird thing I guess is I love raw choc. chip cookie dough. But the doughy consistency of this I don't care for. I can see the cute factor, but I have a hard time with the flavor/texture. About the only way I can imagine in my head for this to work is for it to be brownies and ganache mushed up and dipped in dark chocolate and me have my first day of major PMS... Then I might go from starbucks to starbucks looking for one!!! LOL. So far I'm amazed it's a craze.

Katiebelle74 Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 3:47am
post #11 of 12

Ok glad to know I'm not the only one. I do not like the texture. Weird thing I guess is I love raw choc. chip cookie dough. But the doughy consistency of this I don't care for. I can see the cute factor, but I have a hard time with the flavor/texture. About the only way I can imagine in my head for this to work is for it to be brownies and ganache mushed up and dipped in dark chocolate and me have my first day of major PMS... Then I might go from starbucks to starbucks looking for one!!! LOL. So far I'm amazed it's a craze.

imagenthatnj Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 3:55am
post #12 of 12

And Leah made 750 of them last weekend...yikes! I would probably go crazy.

Same flavor all of them, Leah?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%