Ok, This Is A New One.

Business By jenmat Updated 9 Jun 2011 , 5:28am by Monkess

KalisCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KalisCakes Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 8:27pm
post #31 of 35

Thanks all for the info on the CC handling fees!

Smokey5266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smokey5266 Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 8:45pm
post #32 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalisCakes

I accept CCs through PayPal and through Google Checkout... BUT (and it's in my contract as well) I charge a percentage more. 3% to be exact. This is more than I am charged, but since I have to wait for the money to be transferred from the paypal/google into my bank acct, I feel it's both fair AND acceptable. And I haven't had anyone complain about it yet, though I have had people opt for cash instead icon_smile.gif

Watch out for this...If you accept credit cards it's illegal to charge a service fee for taking them. I don't know what paypal's policy is, but I suspect it's the same. You can give a discount for cash, but you can't charge more for a credit card. It amounts to the same thing, it's just in the wording.

I didn't know it was illegal. It's called a connivence fee. My cable co and cell provider charge an extra $3 if I pay by phone. I'll be sure to tell them the next time I call. icon_lol.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 9:28pm
post #33 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey5266

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalisCakes

I accept CCs through PayPal and through Google Checkout... BUT (and it's in my contract as well) I charge a percentage more. 3% to be exact. This is more than I am charged, but since I have to wait for the money to be transferred from the paypal/google into my bank acct, I feel it's both fair AND acceptable. And I haven't had anyone complain about it yet, though I have had people opt for cash instead icon_smile.gif

Watch out for this...If you accept credit cards it's illegal to charge a service fee for taking them. I don't know what paypal's policy is, but I suspect it's the same. You can give a discount for cash, but you can't charge more for a credit card. It amounts to the same thing, it's just in the wording.

I didn't know it was illegal. It's called a connivence fee. My cable co and cell provider charge an extra $3 if I pay by phone. I'll be sure to tell them the next time I call. icon_lol.gif

Love that "convenience" fee...Convenient for who?!?!?!! I have to take my daughter to that stupid American Idols on tour concert and by the time they finished chraging me all the "convenience fees" the price of the tickets were $40 more than they started out!

I guess if they called it a "jack the price up to rip you off and make you even more angry that you have to take a screaming 12-yr-old to this concert fee" more people would complain about it!

KalisCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KalisCakes Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 5:25am
post #34 of 35

What I really wish is that with business accounts, the banks would offer a way to accept CCs without the POS system, horrendous fees, etc. If my bank gave me a way to process cards online without a machine, and charge me a .5% fee as opposed to the 1.3%, I wouldn't mind I guess. I know everyone has to get paid, but come on!!! CC companies doesn't make enough on their user fees, interest rates, etc?

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 5:28am
post #35 of 35

There is something so funny about customers who want to hold on to their money till the time they are almost out of the door with the cakes...as if holding onto the money will make it strech longericon_surprised.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%