American Cake Decorating Magazine

Decorating By bostonterrierlady Updated 7 Jun 2011 , 4:23am by icer101

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 9:07pm
post #1 of 5

I received my new magazine today. They seem to have gotten on a better schedule. This is the May/June issue. The laast two have been timely. I liked this one alot.

4 replies
sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 5

I just subscribed. I am glad to hear a good report on them! icon_smile.gif

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 9:57pm
post #3 of 5

Yes American Cake Decorating Magazine.

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 4:02am
post #4 of 5

Good to hear ACD is back on track. Hopefully it continues.
I loved ACD and did subscribe for 5 yrs, but after having constant problems with late delivery to Canada, sometimes 3 - 4 months late, or no delivery at all, I quit subscribing. I spent so much time calling or emailing ACD over missing magazines, and every time I did, I'd be told a replacement would be sent. Problem is, the replacement rarely showed up or if it did, it showed up a month or so later.

I did some research on the publisher/owner some time back and did find out ---- is very involved with home decor, window coverings especially. ------- also publishes a home decor magazine & travels quite often to attend home shows. I suspect thats part of the reason ACD had been going down the tube for so long.
---- issued an appology in 2010 about ACDs problems, with a promise things will improve very soon. You can watch it here.

http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2010/06/american-cake-decorating-magazine.html

---- also posted on another cake site I visit, a few comments/answers about Mailbox news being discontinued and ACD problems. ---- stated they were thinking of continuing Mailbox news but online only. So far nothing has come out of that.
I do hope ACD will continue to arrive in a timely manner for subscribers sake, but doubt very much I'd ever subscribe to it again.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 4:23am
post #5 of 5

I subscribed for 15 yrs. Canceled about year ago. Demanded and got my money back. Had to e-mail constantly and beg for my magazines. They use to have up to 70 pages of info. Had famous cake decorators and their how to ,etc. Loved it. But it went down really bad. I do hope it gets back on track. If i hear that it does, then i will think about renewing. But not until i hear more. I am sure i will read on this site how it hopefully improves.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%