Woohoo!!! I Passed My Inspection!!!! Woohoo!!

Business By Christy0722 Updated 8 Jun 2011 , 4:26pm by cakegirl1973

Christy0722 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christy0722 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 11

I guess I can finally sleep again! I passed my Dept of Ag inspection this morning!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!! It was not as bad as I thought is was going to be. icon_surprised.gif
Planning on opening the doors in 2 weeks!!! 3 years of planning is finally paying off!!! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

10 replies
mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 11

Congratulations icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

DSmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DSmo Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 11

Congrats!

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 8:42pm
post #4 of 11

I am a few months behind you! Still working on our building. Congratulations!!

Traycee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Traycee Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 8:47pm
post #5 of 11

Congratulations!!! Can't wait for my day to come!!!

heartsnsync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsnsync Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 5:31am
post #6 of 11

Congratulations! I am still waiting on my Dept. of Agr. inspection but hopefully it will be any day now. Hopefully soon I will be celebrating like you! I hope your business does very well. Good luck!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 12:36am
post #7 of 11

Congratulations!

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 12:43am
post #8 of 11

Congratulations and good luck to you! I have been doing a little research into what all is involved in Ohio, but I don't imagine I will be opening up shop any time soon. 1) I still need a lot more practice, and 2)finances won't allow for it right now. So right now I have to be content just making cakes for family and friends.

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 3:23pm
post #9 of 11

Congratulations! I know somewhat what you have been thru.

I signed a lease on a storefront in March and have been slowly learning that older, really old buildings are not the most ideal place to begin. Plumbing has been a challenge, the inspector wants all the drains separate and to tear up the floors to be able to install. Still fighting him on that one. Not to mention the grease trap/interceptor.

And being a really old building, I am not sure if I have enough amps for the electricity. Met with another electrician yesterday. I met with one last week and he said he would get back in touch with me and never did, I called numerous times and he hasn't returned my calls. I think he bailed on me. Then I met a new one yesterday. He was an older more experienced electrician who seemed to know what he was talking about. I already have my new 'Deluxe Oven' so he studied the requirements. I think he will be able to make it work without me having to buy the farm. I do hope he calls me back today after talking the the electrical inspector on what he can do for me.

Wish me luck on these two major issues. I feel I am at the point of no return since I have all of my commercial appliances delivered. It is still really exciting watching my shop take shape. It's been a long time coming.

Carol

Reyna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reyna Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 3:32pm
post #10 of 11

Congratulations! just passed mine 2 days ago also icon_smile.gif But im so busy making cakes i don't have time to move in!! LOL

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 4:26pm
post #11 of 11

Congrats and good luck! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%