Purchase Jumbo Pearls Online

Decorating By buttercuppie Updated 7 Jun 2011 , 3:33am by BlakesCakes

buttercuppie Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 5

Hi...I'm working on a last minute "jewel" cake and I saw these jumbo pearls at my local cake shop (they were about 3/4" - 1" in diameter). Frankly, I don't want to purchase them at the cake shop b/c they just have a bad attitude in general and I really don't want to give them the business if I don't have to.

That being said, does anyone know where I can possibly purchase pearls this size online?

TIA

4 replies
Bluehue Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 5

icon_confused.gif why wouldn't you make your own out of fondant - roll in pearl sheen and allow to dry for 24 hours?

If you put the pearls and pearl sheen in a bowl and keep swirling - they end up perfectly round and ever so smooth. thumbs_up.gif

Bluehue

buttercuppie Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 8:05pm
post #3 of 5

This is gonna sound really bad but I just don't have the time this week...it's insane and this is definitely one of those times I'd rather pay

Bluehue Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 2:36am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttercuppie

This is gonna sound really bad but I just don't have the time this week...it's insane and this is definitely one of those times I'd rather pay

No, doesn't sound bad - everyone has weeks like that thumbs_up.gif
I am probably no help for ordering them as i am in Australia - hope someone closer to you can help.

Bluehue. icon_smile.gif

BlakesCakes Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 3:33am
post #5 of 5

They're called Sixlets. I have the white pearl ones--very nice in a pinch.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002Z8RTTU/?tag=cakecentral-20

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%