Pasta Attachment For Kitchenaid Mixer

Decorating By Corik Updated 6 Jun 2011 , 7:30pm by sabre

Corik Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 6

I've been saving up to buy a pasta attachment for my Kitchenaid stand mixer. I doubt I'll be making a lot of pasta with it though, just use it for fondant. Do you have any recommendations? I've seen just the roller attachment pretty affordable, but once you get the cutters it adds up. Whenever I make figures I have trouble with hair so I thought having the fettuccine or linguine would help.

5 replies
TexasSugar Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 6

I'd get a clay extruder for the hair.

I bought my pasta attachment to use with fondant/gumpaste, but found that I ended up rolling things out more for that and have since used it for actual pasta.

Bluehue Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 7:00pm
post #3 of 6

I bought the set of 3 attachments - i always use the pasta attachment when wanting thin fondant - love it.

The other two i use for pasta - lolll

As TexasSugar wrote - get a clay extruder for the hair.

Bluehue

Corik Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 7:05pm
post #4 of 6

I did get an extruder but I've had no luck with it. I guess it was a cheap one. I'll have to try another kind.
Thanks

Bluehue Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 7:09pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corik

I did get an extruder but I've had no luck with it. I guess it was a cheap one. I'll have to try another kind.
Thanks

ohhh, icon_sad.gif .......... was your fondant soft enough to squeeze through easily?

Bluehue

sabre Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 7:30pm
post #6 of 6

LOVE the pasta attachment on my KA. I could never roll the gumpaste thin enough using a rolling pin. The attachment is worth it for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%