Can A Fondant Covered Cake Be Refridgerated?

Decorating By lenaky Updated 6 Jun 2011 , 5:02pm by lenaky

lenaky Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 4:38pm
post #1 of 5

I've been asked to make a pudding filled cake, but i usually make my cakes the day before the party. can i put a fondant covered cake in the fridge? or is it going to have wet marks (condensation) after i take it out? any suggestions? thank you!

4 replies
mena2002 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 4:47pm
post #2 of 5

I always refrigerate my fondant cakes without any problems. But in warmer weather if the cake starts to sweat, cool it in front of a fan and it will dry up.

hth

Crazboutcakes Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 5

yup, do it all the time and if I deliver of if they pick up I always tell ppl to keep refrigerated and take out about 1 hour before serving this way if it is humid than the fondant won't fall off the cake and have never had any complaints. HTH

Lovin_Cakes30 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 5:00pm
post #4 of 5

I was scared to try it his weekend but it was hot out and I did not want to transport a warm soft cake so I put my fondant covered cake in the fridge. After hearing the horror stories about condensation ruining the cake I did not want to at all....but it was just fine! Nothing at all happened! It probably depends on how humid it is...???

lenaky Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 5:02pm
post #5 of 5

thank you so much, i'm going to try it next time! if it works, it'll help with adding different fillings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%