8In Round Stacked On 9In Round?

Decorating By jess605 Updated 6 Jun 2011 , 4:51pm by mena2002

jess605 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jess605 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 4:31pm
post #1 of 4

Would it look silly to stack an 8inch round on a 9inch round? This is for a stars & stripes cake - red stripes on bottom, blue top with white stars.

I tried searching for photos of the combination of an 8 and 9 inch, but couldn't find any.

Thx!

3 replies
Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 4

I don't think so, ther are so many variations of cake that usually anything goes (exception wedding cakes) lol... but if your comfortable with it and you know what you want it to look like just do it.

sparkle25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparkle25 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 4:48pm
post #3 of 4

An 8 and 9 inch round will not give you much space for any decorative elements. I would consider your design and how much space you may need. When I make two tier cakes I usually have my tiers three to four inches in difference to allow for enough space. I also feel these size differences make the two tier look more complete and not like another tier should be on the top.

mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 4:51pm
post #4 of 4

After stacking an 8" on top of a 9" there is only half an inch on either side, so it might end up making the cake look like one tall cake and if you plan on making a border (depending on what kind of border) if might not fit.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%