Ugly Pillars

Decorating By meljoy86 Updated 6 Jun 2011 , 7:31pm by meljoy86

meljoy86 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 3:27pm
post #1 of 4

Hello! I'm doing a 3 tier wedding cake that has the top tier separated because it's vegan. I need to know if there's a way to hide the plastic piece that holds the pillars up between the middle and top tier. I've done it once, but covered it up with a bunch of flowers and it still didn't look right. icon_confused.gif Are you supposed to cut out some of the cake and set the plate down inside & fill it in minus the spots where the pillars are supposed to go?? Any advice is appreciated, thanx!

3 replies
Unlimited Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by meljoy86

I need to know if there's a way to hide the plastic piece that holds the pillars up between the middle and top tier.

If you don't use a double-plate separator there won't be anything to hide.

Use a single-plate separator or push-in pillars. The pillars attach to the upper plate and the lower plate is eliminated because the pillars go through the cake all the way down to the base cake board.

kakeladi Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 7:05pm
post #3 of 4

Do you *have to use* pillars? Why not elevate the special recipe cake via a piece of styrofoam covered any way you want.........fodant, fabric, b'cream, flowers.
OR use a candle holder or make a gumpaste object - cup or such to put that cake on.
There *are* other ways than using pillars.

meljoy86 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 7:31pm
post #4 of 4

Awesome thanks for your suggestions! I am only sticking with pillars b/c thats what my client wants. thanx again!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%