Chocolate Tiara Question

Decorating By proudmama4 Updated 7 Jun 2011 , 12:50am by CalhounsCakery

proudmama4  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
proudmama4 Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 6

I'm want to use the royal icing tiara instruction from here, but use melting chocolates instead, since I think it will taste better. The instructions say to go over the pattern 3 times, allowing it to dry in between each time. Do you need to do that when working w/ chocolate?

Can you color chocolate w/ Wilton icing colors?

5 replies
 BlakesCakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 6

Since modeling chocolate would be rolled or extruded you'd only do it once.

You can color white modeling chocolate w/ Wilton colors because modeling chocolate is already seized when you add the corn syrup to it.

Rae

nicunurse  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicunurse Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 12:12am
post #3 of 6

Hi just a suggestion...I used wilton melting chocolate for a clam mold and with the heat and humidity, once I delivered the cake, the chocolate had gotten so soft it fell apart! icon_cry.gif I would use the royal icing method myself. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

proudmama4  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
proudmama4 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 6

Good to know! I was planning to use the Wilton chocolates. It is for us, so does not need to be delivered. I'll make sure and test it out ahead of time.

nicunurse  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicunurse Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 12:33am
post #5 of 6

Good idea! Mine hit the heat/humidity and committed suicide! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

CalhounsCakery  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CalhounsCakery Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 12:50am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicunurse

Good idea! Mine hit the heat/humidity and committed suicide! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gif roflmao icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%