Chocolate Tiara Question

Decorating By proudmama4 Updated 7 Jun 2011 , 12:50am by CalhounsCakery

proudmama4 Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 6

I'm want to use the royal icing tiara instruction from here, but use melting chocolates instead, since I think it will taste better. The instructions say to go over the pattern 3 times, allowing it to dry in between each time. Do you need to do that when working w/ chocolate?

Can you color chocolate w/ Wilton icing colors?

5 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 6

Since modeling chocolate would be rolled or extruded you'd only do it once.

You can color white modeling chocolate w/ Wilton colors because modeling chocolate is already seized when you add the corn syrup to it.

Rae

nicunurse Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 12:12am
post #3 of 6

Hi just a suggestion...I used wilton melting chocolate for a clam mold and with the heat and humidity, once I delivered the cake, the chocolate had gotten so soft it fell apart! icon_cry.gif I would use the royal icing method myself. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

proudmama4 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 6

Good to know! I was planning to use the Wilton chocolates. It is for us, so does not need to be delivered. I'll make sure and test it out ahead of time.

nicunurse Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 12:33am
post #5 of 6

Good idea! Mine hit the heat/humidity and committed suicide! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

CalhounsCakery Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 12:50am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicunurse

Good idea! Mine hit the heat/humidity and committed suicide! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gif roflmao icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%