Does Any One Have 2 Pages A Personal And For There Cakes?

Business By sugarcheryl Updated 13 Jun 2011 , 4:54pm by Annabakescakes

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 9

I wanted to know if you can set up a separate account from your personal. I know you can have 2 pages. I heard people say that once went on facebook there business increase. I was wondering because I have 1 account but just 2 pages. I hope I make sense.

8 replies
classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 2:51am
post #2 of 9

There are business accounts that are separate from personal accounts.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 11:53pm
post #3 of 9

it is not allowed to have two accounts, but two pages works just fine, that is what I do.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 3:27pm
post #4 of 9

If you use different email address you can have two separate pages. You can also have a personal page and a group/fan/business page.

Personally if I were doing this as a business I would keep the two separate. Your customers don't need to know everything that is going on in your life.

Annabakescakes Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 3:34pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

If you use different email address you can have two separate pages. You can also have a personal page and a group/fan/business page.

Personally if I were doing this as a business I would keep the two separate. Your customers don't need to know everything that is going on in your life.

It works fine for me, I have nothing to hide from my customers, I am not the type to vomit all my personal information all over facebook. I mainly use it to tell of the funny things my kids are doing, or show my before and after remodeling photos. And to read the ridiculous things other people are posting. icon_rolleyes.gif

AnotherCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCaker Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 4:27pm
post #6 of 9

I absofreakinlutely have two separate pages. I'm really really anal about being very professional and providing superior customer service, and I keep that game face on when I'm on my biz page. But if I want to talk about something gross or funny, or something only my friends will understand, or even CUSS (omg, not cuss!) I want to do it without worrying about what "someone" will say. And I never accept friend requests out of the blue from customers. Sorry, I'm not going to cross biz with fun, and get communication tangled, and a million other things. Haven't had any complaints, so I'm good.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 4:44pm
post #7 of 9

fans of my page can't see my personal page and vice versa unless I post something on my cake page and also post it to my personal page....my personal stuff stays on my personal page though.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 4:46pm
post #8 of 9

2 pages, of course. 1 personal, 1 business.

Annabakescakes Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 4:54pm
post #9 of 9

I think their may be a misunderstanding about "pages". You can have as many pages as you like, all connected to the same account. You are allowed 1 account. You can have other emails to have more than 1 account, but it is not allowed, and they can cancel your account.

Others can see your business page and NOT your personal page. You have to "like" the business to be able to post. But you have to be "Friends" to post on a personal page. This is what I have. A personal, and a business, under the same account, as per Facebook rules. I get Email updates for both to my same email address.

I still don't post anything on my personal page that I wouldn't want my customers to see. I try to conduct myself in a way that doesn't shame me, or my 79 and 85 year old former missionary grandparents, since my grandpa has a facebook and we are friends! I always try to conduct my self in a manner like "Someone" is watching, because They are. Some people have no shame! icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%