Question About Marble Cake

Decorating By Bubbl3h3ad Updated 6 Jun 2011 , 3:47pm by Bubbl3h3ad

Bubbl3h3ad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbl3h3ad Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 3:45pm
post #1 of 8

I have been requested a marble cake for a graduation. I plan to use the Durable Cake recipe posted here on CC because it is SO delish! However, the batter is already very thick. What do you suggest to make the chocolate part? I'm afraid if I take out part of the batter and just add chocolate or cocoa it will be way too thick and ruin the cake. Any suggestions? How do I make a marble cake anyways? TIA!

7 replies
Bubbl3h3ad Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 8

Anyone?

sparkle25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparkle25 Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 8

That's how I make marble cake, I usually just take a cup of the batter and add cocoa to it. I pour the vanilla batter into the pan, add globs of the chocolate batter on top and run my knife through it to create the streaks.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 8

I just delivered a huge cake yesterday and she wanted most of the cakes to be marble. I used a white cake and made a separate chocolate cake batter to swirl into the cake. It worked wonderfully. I dropped 1/4 cup scoops of chocolate batter on top of the white cake and swirled with a knife.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 10:13pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle25

That's how I make marble cake, I usually just take a cup of the batter and add cocoa to it. I pour the vanilla batter into the pan, add globs of the chocolate batter on top and run my knife through it to create the streaks.

Me, too. I do it with my WASC batter all of the time. Works great.

Rae

proudmama4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
proudmama4 Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 10:37pm
post #6 of 8

How much batter do you take out and how much cocoa do you add?

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 10:56pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama4

How much batter do you take out and how much cocoa do you add?

When I do an entire batch of WASC as marble--that's around 14 cups of batter--I remove 4 cups of batter and add 1 cup of cocoa powder to those 4 cups of batter (4TBSP/cup of batter).

I put evenly spaced dollops on top of the white/yellow batter and swirl it thru with a kitchen knife.

HTH
rae

Bubbl3h3ad Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 3:47pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for your replies. I think since the batter is already so thick for this cake, it would be much too think to just add cocoa powder. I'm thinking i'm going to make the same recipe in chocolate and swirl some of it into the plain.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%