Which Bc Recipe Would You Use.....

Decorating By FACSlady Updated 6 Jun 2011 , 6:03am by scp1127

FACSlady Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 1:27pm
post #1 of 6

that won't slide off the cupcakes in a cupcake bouquet? I'm worried about the possible heat and about the angle of the cupcakes being a problem.

5 replies
CiNoRi Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 1:42pm
post #2 of 6

Indydebi's BC!

cabecakes Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 6

A good crusting buttercream should work. I use a combination of 1/2 cup shortening, 1/2 cup butter, 3 Tbsp Vanilla, 4 Tbsp Milk or Water, and 1 pound confectioner's sugar. This is Edna De La Cruz's recipe, and I like it a lot. Indydebi's is a good one also.

CiNoRi Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 2:06pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabecakes

A good crusting buttercream should work. I use a combination of 1/2 cup shortening, 1/2 cup butter, 3 Tbsp Vanilla, 4 Tbsp Milk or Water, and 1 pound confectioner's sugar. This is Edna De La Cruz's recipe, and I like it a lot. Indydebi's is a good one also.

I keep meaning to give Edna's a shot, thanks for the reminder. I'm doing some cupcakes this week, should be good!

2txmedics Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 6:00am
post #5 of 6

I started out with the Wilton recipe and didnt like it. I live in Hot/Humid Texas....I then discovered Indys AND...LOVE IT!!!! Holds up to good high heat in the high 90s

Crust real good,have banged up a cake and barely made a tiny tiny dent and it was hit pretty good, BUT...when you cut the cake the bc is soft and moist as is the cake and Ive gotten asked by several family members for that BC....recently I did my grand babies party outside in a park, and the temps were hitting in the 3 digit numbers, so I used Sharon Zambitos recipe...its non perishable....everyone loved it except DH, I was told it tasted too fluffy, like air, and sweet. Everyone else loved it, maybe DH is used to Indys recipe Ive used for sometime....?

scp1127 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 6:03am
post #6 of 6

Put a little hole in the top as if you were filling and start the BC in it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%