Has Anyone Used This Method To Color Fondant . .

Decorating By SweetSyren Updated 4 Jun 2011 , 10:42pm by RheaCakeQueen

SweetSyren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
8 replies
mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 9:38pm
post #2 of 9

No I haven't tried it, but if you do try it out let us know how it goes icon_smile.gif

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 9:50pm
post #3 of 9

I haven't tried it either, but thanks so much for posting this link!

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 9:51pm
post #4 of 9

Powdered colour is the way to go for deep hues. It doesn't make the fondant sticky or change the texture.

AngelFood4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelFood4 Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 9:53pm
post #5 of 9

I haven't tried this but it looks interesting. I heard that powder colors work great in coloring buttercream in bright and bold colors too.

I only use MMF and have made it in dark colors using candy melts for black, brown and red. And I have mixed the candy clay in with the MMF.

Dani1081 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani1081 Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 10:19pm
post #6 of 9

I used this method last night to make black fondant using the Wilton dark cocoa candy melts instead of the red ones. I then added a small amount of super black food color and it was perfect! Handled great and tasted fantastic - just like a tootsie roll. I can't wait til I need red or another intense color. http://sugarsweetcakesandtreats.blogspot.com/2010/11/recipe-red-marshmallow-fondant-mmf.html

Dani1081 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani1081 Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 10:22pm
post #7 of 9

AngelFood4, I just realized that was your website that I found that fabulous recipe on! Thank you sooooo much for sharing that! I can not tell you how great my black fondant turned out using your method! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

avasmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
avasmummy Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 10:27pm
post #8 of 9

this is great - I have been wondering how to fix the fondant problem i have been having - so thank you for posting this icon_smile.gif

RheaCakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RheaCakeQueen Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 10:42pm
post #9 of 9

If you make MMF, and need a large amount of a dark color, add the paste color before you add the PS to the recipe and it comes out beautifully. I make Black and Red this way with no problems, and it is so much easier than kneading in the colors later!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%