Cc Photo Collection - Keeping Old Pictures

Decorating By 1Cake-At-ATime Updated 5 Jun 2011 , 9:58pm by Elcee

1Cake-At-ATime Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 4

I have noticed that people who are looking for a cake decorator visit this site which I never thought about such before. So with that said, do you keep pictures of your cakes (in the CC photobook) when you first started out?

I'm no where near Ron Ben-Israel's work, but in looking at my picture gallery I have improved since my first "public appearance" cake back in Dec of 2010. Six months ago I was saying that I would never be good with fondant...but is it important for the shoppers to see the progress?

What are your thoughts?

3 replies
Marianna46 Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 4

I think it's important for ME to see the progress. But when I start my website, I'm only planning to put cake pictures in there that people would actually like to buy. I don't think they're interested in your progress as much as in whether you're THERE yet - can you make them a decent cake.

missyd4e Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 4

I agree. I think you keep the ones that you would show a client.

Elcee Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 9:58pm
post #4 of 4

Potential clients may stumble upon this site and use it for inspiration but unless you give them your username, they're not likely to be here to look for your cakes. You should have a website or a facebook page for that, which is where your best work should be displayed for your potential customers' perusal.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%