Spaghetti Instead Of Wire! What To Use To Paint It.

Decorating By weidertm24 Updated 4 Jun 2011 , 3:40pm by FACSlady

weidertm24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weidertm24 Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 2:11pm
post #1 of 4

What can I use to paint spaghetti that I want to use instead of wire to stick out of my next cake?

Thanks

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 4

one of the old old tricks of the trade: Have a piping bag with a writing tip on the end, large enough for the spaghetti to fit into.

Push the spaghetti up into the bag of icing ... then slowly pull it out. The BC will coat the spaghetti as it is pulled out of hte end of the tip. I'd lay aside and let hte icing crust for easy handling.

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 3:26pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

one of the old old tricks of the trade: Have a piping bag with a writing tip on the end, large enough for the spaghetti to fit into.

Push the spaghetti up into the bag of icing ... then slowly pull it out. The BC will coat the spaghetti as it is pulled out of hte end of the tip. I'd lay aside and let hte icing crust for easy handling.

That's a great idea never thought of it, I have also used spaghetti for ropes on my wrestling cake (in pics) and colored them with amicolors and a brsuh and let them sit aside to dry worked great too.

FACSlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FACSlady Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 3:40pm
post #4 of 4

I've used food coloring to paint it when I want to use the spaghetti as flower stamens.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%