6.3.11 Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 4 Jun 2011 , 4:00pm by catlharper

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 5:09am
post #31 of 44

Congrats on the new grandbaby Cat.

Cookie cake filled & boxed. I mixed mini choco chips into the white chocolate BC for the filling.

I had extra batter from the cookie so I baked it in a single 3in deep-7in pan. Now I have a single layer cooling that I don't know what to do with. It might just get wrapped & frozen for later.

I just realized that I never called back my friend who is trying to organize a playdate tomorrow morning her stepson & my middle-monkey. EEEP too late to call now. Hope I can catch her in the AM-we are supposed to be going to watch friends do a Mud Run at our local airport.

Kristy

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 5:12am
post #32 of 44

thanks everyone! I love being a Nana to my almost 2 yr old grandaughter and now this new grandson is SO cute...I have one of each<G>...I get to see them all this weekend so I just can't wait for Sunday!

I have to ask..what the heck is a "mud run"???

Cat

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 5:17am
post #33 of 44

Cat,

A Mud Run is race for crazed people. It is an obstacle course through mud pits, over hay bales, etc.

This is the one my friends are doing:
http://www.machonemudrun.com/

I'm going to provide moral support & to take pictures for my 2 insane friends that signed up for this madness. My hubby is a private pilot with hangers at this field, so we are using those as a home base for the our favorite loonies.

Kristy

catlharper Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 5:20am
post #34 of 44

LOL...how much fun is THAT! I've never heard of a mud run before but it does sound like a whole lotta dirty fun!

thanx for sharing!

Cat

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 5:42am
post #35 of 44

I love mud runs!! My husband and I do one every year that is put on my ex marines. All the proceeds go to Toys for Tots, so you are going thru hell for a good cause!!! It is 45 min to an hour of excruciating pain, exhaustion, fun, exhilaration, team comradery, and mud!!!! Now I am ready to go to the gym to train for this years!!!! But first, I will clean up my mess, and go to bed. icon_smile.gif

cakification Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakification Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 5:48am
post #36 of 44

Hi everyone! I'm making a "girls night out" themed bridal shower cake for my cousins shower on Sunday. I'm using both my chocolate high heel mold and martin glass molds along with a shopping bag cake (well the intention is a shopping bag, we will see what it looks like when I'm done with it! Lol).

Nothing new recipe wise, which is kind of disappointing, since thwtw one of the main reasons why i love doing cakes. My cousin wants a white cake with BC filling.. Sometimes I wonder why people wont step outside the box.. TRY SOMETHING NEW! Who HASN'T had a White cake with BC filling.. You know what i mean? Like would it kill you to try a new flavour?

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 5:57am
post #37 of 44

Honestly, white cake with regular old buttercream is my favorite kind of cake, lol.

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 5:57am
post #38 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakification

Hi everyone! I'm making a "girls night out" themed bridal shower cake for my cousins shower on Sunday. I'm using both my chocolate high heel mold and martin glass molds along with a shopping bag cake (well the intention is a shopping bag, we will see what it looks like when I'm done with it! Lol).

Nothing new recipe wise, which is kind of disappointing, since thwtw one of the main reasons why i love doing cakes. My cousin wants a white cake with BC filling.. Sometimes I wonder why people wont step outside the box.. TRY SOMETHING NEW! Who HASN'T had a White cake with BC filling.. You know what i mean? Like would it kill you to try a new flavour?

I know how you feel. I get so frustrated when people want the same thing over and over again. For me it is my cookies n cream filling and chocolate cake. That is kind of what I am known for, so I get so tired of making it. The good thing is I am baking for friends and family, for FREE, so I make them try new stuff when I find a recipe or flavor that interests me. I figure, if I am putting 12+ hours into a free cake for you, I get to bake what I want!!! Sometimes anyway....

bohemiagetsajob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bohemiagetsajob Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 6:43am
post #39 of 44

I agree mom2two... Mine is pineapple cake with coconut buttercream. I usually make everyone my guinea pigs since I'm doing free cake. But everyone requests that one instead. icon_sad.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 7:25am
post #40 of 44

I'm DONE!!! Im done!!

:happy dance::

648 cake balls in paper cups + 102 cake pops on sticks = 750 of those things. Packaged, boxed and ready for delivery.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 9:16am
post #41 of 44

Safe deliveries, everyone!

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 11:40am
post #42 of 44

That is a *crazy* amount of cake balls!!!

I had my last 3 cake orders yesterday. We're moving to Houston as soon as our house sells so I am closing up my business. Had to deliver all my cakes last night because my 3 year old has a swim meet this morning. She is a wonderful swimmer and should have been born with gills!

I think this is my most labor intensive cake yet: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2055791

Don't know who Moose & Zee are, but the customer loved it!

Jenniferkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenniferkay Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 1:48pm
post #43 of 44

well now I know! I'm glad I'm not the only one to find the tulip on the finicky side! thanks for the tip. Next time I'm ordering the buggers.

catlharper Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 4:00pm
post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by korensmommy

That is a *crazy* amount of cake balls!!!

I had my last 3 cake orders yesterday. We're moving to Houston as soon as our house sells so I am closing up my business. Had to deliver all my cakes last night because my 3 year old has a swim meet this morning. She is a wonderful swimmer and should have been born with gills!

I think this is my most labor intensive cake yet: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2055791

Don't know who Moose & Zee are, but the customer loved it!

That IS a crazy amount of cake balls!LOL! Your cake was very cute! They are Nick Jr characters...my son use to love them. Have an easy move and hopefully setting up your business all over again. We are planning a move next year and I do not look forward to resetting up!

Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%