Cupcake Storage

Baking By Babyblonde37 Updated 3 Jun 2011 , 9:28pm by EmilyJo9

Babyblonde37 Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 4

Was hoping for thoughts/advice on how long cupcakes can be stored (unfrosted) and still be super fresh tasting. I have had good luck with freezing cakes, but not such good luck freezing cupcakes. Advice? Looking for them to last about a week.

Thanks!

3 replies
Dayti Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 4

If you need to store them for a week, you should definitely freeze them. There is no way a cupcake, frosted or unfrosted, will be delicious a week after you baked it. Why have you had problems freezing them? I freeze on a plastic tray with a couple of layers of plastic wrap. They can stay in the freezer for ages and still be fantastic. You can also decorate them while they are frozen, although they really don't take long to defrost.

instant-gratificaketion Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 8:30pm
post #3 of 4

What works for me is to put the cupcakes (unfrosted) in a ziploc freezer bag in a single layer (I can usually do 1 dozen per gallon(?) bag. I do this while they're still warm. I take as much air out of the bag as I can without the cupcakes smooshing together and freeze until I need them. They have stayed super moist this way.

EmilyJo9 Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 9:28pm
post #4 of 4

I have tried lots of different things: putting in tupperware (single layer), putting on cookie sheet (single layer) wrapped in plastic wrap, gallon baggies (single layer). The thing I have found works best (for me) is to wrap each cupcake individually in plastic wrap and then bagging them and placing in the freezer. I only do this method if there is not a huge amount of cupcakes and they need to be frozen for more than a week. If it's a large amount of cupcakes or the cuppies need to be frozen for a week or less I will place a single layer on plastic wrap and then wrap the plastic around the layer or cuppies and then put in a baggy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%