Elvis Cake Number 3

Decorating By Rhonlynn Updated 4 Jun 2011 , 9:44pm by Rhonlynn

Rhonlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonlynn Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 6

I made 2 Elvis cut outs on Sugar paper, in black. The cake is 8 x 3, and it's WASC. The cut outs are taller than 3 inches. I thought they would be placed on the side of the cake, more in the middle, but apparently not.

I have a white music scroll out of gum paste with black music notes for the top, and 2 records for the sides as well. Is it okay to not have the sugar paper exactly in the middle of the layer, but more between the layer, overlooking the top? I think I learned my lesson, to make 2 cakes when not sure of the decorations.

Does sugar paper require a cake layer behind the entire cut out?

5 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 12:03am
post #2 of 6

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by sugar paper - it's a term I'm not familiar with. I've used both edible images printed on rice paper and those things they call frosting sheets. Neither one of them would be able to stand by themselves. Maybe you could put your image on a fondant backing and then do what you're thinking about. I've used a couple of edible images on things that kind of hung over the edge of the cake, and this is what I did. It worked very well.

Rhonlynn Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 1:05am
post #3 of 6

Must be a frosting sheet, lol. I solved my own problem, and I'm making a real tall 6 inch cake, torted each layer, with chocolate and white, so that when you cut it, it's white and chocolate striped.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 1:10am
post #4 of 6

Sounds delish, Rhonlynn! Can you e-mail me a slice?

Rhonlynn Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 3:44am
post #5 of 6

I can't get this frosting to crust...maybe i need a bit more meraigne powder in it. It's just the crumb coat, but normally I don't need the second coat....weird.

Rhonlynn Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 9:44pm
post #6 of 6

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2056568

Finished! And my 20 year old thinks it's kind of cool.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%