Opinions - Wilton Tall Cake Stand Or Cake Stackers Products?

Decorating By J1977 Updated 3 Jun 2011 , 12:53pm by crisseyann

J1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
J1977 Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 3:12am
post #1 of 5

The cake will have about an inch or so seperator between each tier. (4 tiers) I wasn't sure how to construct the cake and make it stable. Even a dowel down the middle makes me nervous but then I found the Wilton Tall Tier Stand but for $100 wanted to know if it is sturdy and if you have it and like it.

Cake Stackers more expensive but the product looks fantastic. She is holding the cakes upside down and swinging them all around.

Curios to know what everyone thinks.

Thanks.

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 11:51am
post #2 of 5

Just get SPS. Use the base section of leg from the multi-piece leg set. That's a 5" leg. With four inches of cake, you'll create a 1" separation between tiers.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 12:10pm
post #3 of 5

Forget Wilton's tall tier stand! Unless it has changed over the yrs it is horrible!icon_sad.gif The plates are NOT flat. Yes, it is sturdy but you have to make a *huge* center hole plus the problems w/the plates.

I agree w/Leahs. Unless you will be making many, *many* tiered cakes in the future the Cake Stackers is probably not worth the extra $$$.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 12:25pm
post #4 of 5

I've always described the Wilton Tall Tier as "wonky." That thing will rock like crazy *after* the cake is on it.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 12:53pm
post #5 of 5

SPS for sure!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%