Any Ideas Filling

Decorating By kneenah Updated 6 Jun 2011 , 1:55pm by kneenah

kneenah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneenah Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 1:08am
post #1 of 17

So i have to do a cake for my friends sons first bday june.. i wanted to play it safe with the flavor just cuz its a kids party sooo i am going to do a 3tier cake...

Tier 1- Chocolate cake Vanilla filling
Tier 2- Yellow Cake chocolate filling
Tier 3 WAS going to be YELLOW CAKE WITH DULCE DE LECHE I ordered the filling from my friends job but when the filling cake in its not DULCE DE LECHE but BAVARIAN CREAM i dont really like..

Any ideas for the 3rd tier? I was thinking cream cheese but would it taste good with yellow cake? PLEASE GIVE ME ANY IDEAS...

16 replies
mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 1:21am
post #2 of 17

Kids love Cookies n Cream.

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 1:25am
post #3 of 17

They also love marble cake.

MaryAnnPriest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryAnnPriest Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 1:28am
post #4 of 17

LOL!!! Why do kids always LOVE marble cake?!?!?! I HATE marble cake!! I don't like eating it OR making it! But yes, kids do love marble cake! icon_lol.gif

KakeMistress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KakeMistress Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 1:35am
post #5 of 17

Confetti cake with chocolate buttercream?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 1:46am
post #6 of 17

Bavarian Creme is one of my favorite fillingsicon_smile.gif Interesting how each of us has different ideas of what tastes good.
Basically you already have both vanilla(yellow cake) and choco. Why not do something completely different. Since you planned on useing the yellow cake why not put raspberries or strawberries mixed in the batter and then use b'cream w/sliced bananas as the filling? I don't suggest mixing the berries into the b'cream. Tried that and boy what a mess! when the strawberries released their juice and it leaked all over icon_sad.gif

SweetPaiges Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPaiges Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 1:52am
post #7 of 17

...make your own! icon_smile.gif

Dulce De Leche
Pour one can (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk into top of double-boiler pan; cover. Place over boiling water. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 40 to 50 minutes, or until thick and light caramel-colored.

kneenah Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 2:01am
post #8 of 17

thanks soooooo much.. Sweetpaiges i am going to try that this weekend.. thanks..

Do any of you's know how to make cookie and cream filling?

SweetPaiges Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 2:33am
post #9 of 17

I think mixing crushed oreo cookies with a whipped topping like Cool Whip would be great... or make your own whipped cream and then add the oreos! icon_smile.gif

kneenah Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 2:37am
post #10 of 17

sound easy enough for me..lol.. but wait doesnt that have to be refrig... :0(

SweetPaiges Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 3:00am
post #11 of 17

If you are using it as a filling it will be sealed between the layers in the cake so it should be fine out for a while... if you have the room to keep it refrigerator before the party! I would recommend using Cool Whip.. unless you absolutely want to make your own whipped cream then you would have to add a stabilizer.

NanaSandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaSandy Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 3:10am
post #12 of 17

you can do the same thing with Oreos and a butter cream frosting. That way you don't have to worry about the Cool Whip. I haven't tried it, but I have seen posts that say it is great. There is also a recipe on here for Cookie Dough filling...I haven't tried it yet...but looks easy enough, and yummy. I have been meaning to try it, just haven't had the time.
Also there is another one that is Peanut Butter Cream Cheese filling that is amazing!! If you don't have the worries of peanut allergies. Kids love it!! It is called Peanut Butter Heaven

kneenah Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 1:56pm
post #13 of 17

Nanasandy thanks.. reading ur comment made my mouth water just thinking of the opitions i have.. thanks amill everyone.. I just bought my kitchen aid last weekend so i guess its time to put it to use today...

luckyblueeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckyblueeye Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 2:07pm
post #14 of 17

Kneenah, there is a cookies and cream instant pudding mix that can be used with the Costco mousse recipe. Makes a lovely and thick mousse for layering.

kneenah Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 4:34pm
post #15 of 17

luckyblueyeso wait if how do i do that.. I do the costco mousse recipe but when it calls for the vanilla jello pudding i add the cookies and cream pudding?

kneenah Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 4:57pm
post #16 of 17

ok so i read the recipe and cant wait to try it... great reviews

kneenah Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 1:55pm
post #17 of 17

So i was so excited to make the cookies and cream filling "costco recipe" BUT when i went to pathmark (supermarket) they didnt have it.. does anyone know where i can buy it in NYC or online?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%