Interested In Airbrushing But Lost!

Decorating By CakesbyLee Updated 2 Jun 2011 , 5:17pm by Lizmybit

CakesbyLee Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 4

Anyone have recommendations on the MANY different airbrushes out there. I am really interested in trying this but it is overwhelming with all the brands out there. There are sooooo many different ones and I am really lost as to where I should start. I don't want to go broke and the prices are all over the place. Is there a reasonable priced airbrush out there you have used that you would recommend for a first timer?

3 replies
mimi1218 Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 4

I bought this one. CAKE DECORATING AIRBRUSH KIT with 12 Food Colors and Air Compressorby Master Airbrush price: $129.98 from Amazon last fall. It took some getting used to how it works, but I love it. I kinda want to airbrush everything. The bonus is the Americolor airbrush colors come with it!

bakingatthebeach Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 4

I too bought mine from amazon. Its the master airbrush kit with a mini compressor and came with 4 americolors (I went ahead and purchased 2 boxes of 12 colors one sheen and one just regular colors). It was around $70. I have had it for a year and love it. works great. Only directions. The airbrush was put together but there was an extra doohicky I couldnt figure out where it went (it hooks on to the compressor and the hose fits on it, it adjusts your air). Then I googled how to use an airbrush and there are alot of tutorial videos online.

Lizmybit Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 4

I just bought the Duff air brush machine from Michaels. I was a little skeptical but I used my 50% off coupon and in was only $65 and I LOVE IT!!!! It's so easy to use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%