Cake Pans

Decorating By ufo9978 Updated 6 Jun 2011 , 4:51am by Candice56

ufo9978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ufo9978 Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 3:23pm
post #1 of 11

I have pans from from cake supply store (with no real name). also bought wilton pans. I am wondering if there are any recommendations for buying good pans since I am about to buy bigger pans.
also my cakes are sticking to the bottom. is that a pan problem or I am doing something wrong?...any helpful suggestions will be great.

Ursela

10 replies
cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 3:37pm
post #2 of 11

From what I have read, Magic Line pans are the best, because they have a higher content of aluminum in them. I am not due to replace my pans anytime soon (I use Fat Daddios & Wiltons), so this is not first hand knowledge. I think Fat Daddios pans are comparable to Wiltons. I do like Fat Daddios square pans, because they are truly square and do not have rounded edges like the Wiltons pans. This makes a big difference to me when I am icing the corners.

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 3:38pm
post #3 of 11

Get Magic Line pans! Love mine! In comparison to my wiltons....well there just isnt! The cake is sticking, have you used Baker's Joy, and line the bottom? I spray with bakers joy, and even line the bottom with wax baking paper (I use reynolds) and they always come out perfectly!

dmo4ab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmo4ab Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 3:47pm
post #4 of 11

Ditto to the previous posters on Magic Line pans! Top notch.
For the cakes sticking....here is the trick my mother taught me. Grease the pan (I use Crisco); cut wax paper to line bottom (or I sometimes do the whole pan if I've had issue with the sides to); stick the wax paper in the pan and then grease it also. Works like a charm!!

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 3:54pm
post #5 of 11

I have the magic line square pans (got a great deal on them from amazon). I love them.

KeLs3784 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KeLs3784 Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 4:30pm
post #6 of 11

i've read rave reviews about the magic line cake pans- thats my next major purchase.

As far as sticking- i always grease the pans with crisco, then flour them, and i use the wax/parchment paper to line the bottom of the pan- never have any sticking issues.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 4:41pm
post #7 of 11

I have used Fat Daddios and Magic Line. I love my Fat Daddios! And I really can't see a difference in baking quality. Magic Line squares have much sharper corners, but I have found those to be problematic when frosting. They tend to break off easily. Fat Daddios corners may not be as pointedly square but I can make the edges sharper with buttercream.

HappyCake10609 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HappyCake10609 Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 4:49pm
post #8 of 11

I have Magic Line & Wilton pans... I prefer Magic Line hands down... All of my future pan purchases will be Magic Line!

As far as sticking... I use Pan Grease... just mix up equal parts of Shortening, Vegetable Oil & Flour. I stores forever... just apply with a pastry brush (or you could use a paper towel or even your hands!). I haven't had any sticking problems since I started using this and it's much faster and less messy than greasing/flouring the pans each time!

ufo9978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ufo9978 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 4:25am
post #9 of 11

thanks all ...magic line it is then..I will definately try all the tricks for sticking problem.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 4:39am
post #10 of 11

There is a higher quality pan, Williams-Sonoma Goldtouch. They are limited in sizes and shapes, but I bake in those first, then Magic Line. There is a slight quality difference, but Magic Line is close. No matter what you bake in, even the best, proper pan prep is important.

If you have really bad pans and can't replace them, put it on a cookie sheet for better insulation on the bottom and use baking strips. Always use parchment and grease and flour pans properly with any of several homemade or store bought product.

Candice56 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candice56 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 4:51am
post #11 of 11

I use parchment paper and the can spray from Sam's club and never had a sticking problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%