Need Help With Cookie Recipe.

Baking By A7xpenguin Updated 27 Jun 2011 , 8:26pm by bonniebakes

A7xpenguin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
A7xpenguin Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 2:17am
post #1 of 8

I need a really tasty cookie recipe, thats really good for using cookie cutters, and wont burn so easy in an oven. its just i want my cookies to look good and taste delicious, but im having trouble getting a tasty flavor....any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
lilsis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilsis Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 2:45am
post #2 of 8

i use a recipe from here -- search PENNY'S COOKIES --- have had tons of compliments!!

LaurenLuLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenLuLu Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 12:47pm
post #3 of 8

My advice is to use quality extracts (not McComick) like Nielsen Massey extracts or vanilla bean paste. A good vanilla/flavoring makes all the difference.

breyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
breyes Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 3:45pm
post #4 of 8

I use the sugar cookie recipe from "Cookie Craft" and use vanilla bean paste. Using the paste is a huge difference than just extract. The cookies hold their shape while baking and do not burn easily, plus they are not overly sweet and I have only had compliments. I have tried several recipes and keep going back to this one. HTH

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 3:54pm
post #5 of 8
Sheri_e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sheri_e Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 2:02pm
post #6 of 8

For the vanilla bean paste...do you use the same amount as extract?, and can you use it in all recipes instead of regular extract. I had never even heard of it until i became addicted to this site!

likes_2_create Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
likes_2_create Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 9:25pm
post #7 of 8

Where do you get vanilla bean paste?

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 8:26pm
post #8 of 8

I get my vanilla bean paste at William Sonoma

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%