Oh My Wow!!! Cake Boss Bride From H*ll!!!

Lounge By SweetDreams98 Updated 5 Jun 2011 , 5:08am by Ursula40

SweetDreams98 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 15

So I'm not feeling well, I have some gumpaste horses to carve shortly and thought I'd watch some Cake Boss on Netflix. I was watching an episode with a PITA bride and the day before she came to see a beautiful cake that had draping and calla lilies. Her response was "Oh my God that's so UGLY!" When he walked away from a moment she proceeded to take random bags of colored buttercream and squirt them all over the cake!!! First off how he managed to not KILL HER I will never know. He called the Mother of the Bride to explain that he wouldn't be able to do a cake because of her daughter's actions but was persuaded to do another cake. At the delivery she refused to go look at the cake and was just overall a total b*tch. As appalled as I was I have to wonder...did this really happen? It was SOooooo over the top and obviously would have made for great ratings. What would you have done if someone totally and purposely wrecked your cake? I consider myself terrific with customer service...before this I worked as an Escalated Call Lead in a call center but THAT may have pushed me a little too far. Just thought I'd share icon_smile.gif

14 replies
mena2002 Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 12:18am
post #2 of 15

I'd seen this episode and I thought that has to be scripted, would someone really go and do that? But then again you never know, nowadays there are some really out there kind of people.

I don't know how I would have reacted, its those kinds of situations where you don't know what you would have done until it happens to you. Hopefully it doesn't happen to any of us icon_wink.gif

cakification Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 4:16am
post #3 of 15

I have seen that episode, and I dislike that womans attitude so much it makes my skin cralwl. Even the way she acted when buddy came to her hotel room to drop off the replacement cake he made.. It was disgusting.

Having said that.. I really don't know if that was real or not. I cant imagine someone actually behaving like that in real life.

I would have delivered the cake that she coloured all over. If thats what she wanted, thats what I would have delivered.

scp1127 Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 5:11am
post #4 of 15

Why would Buddy care what she did to the cake? It was paid in full. The next cake would have been more revenue.

mena2002 Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 6:33am
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Why would Buddy care what she did to the cake? It was paid in full. The next cake would have been more revenue.

Good point, but it still tears at you to see a cake that you put so much time and effort into being ruined.

scp1127 Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 7:13am
post #6 of 15

I don't know... I don't really care after I have MY pictures. That's all we really get to keep.

TexasSugar Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 1:46pm
post #7 of 15

I too think it was scripted for added drama. If I am remembering correctly one cake was rounds and then the other was squares. Personally if someone did that to a cake, I would have just stripped all the fondant off and used the same cakes, not bake whole/use new cakes.

I never could get in to the show, only watched a few and decided it wasn't for me, it just didn't seem real.

flourgirlz Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 1:58pm
post #8 of 15

Shortly after that episode aired, I remember reading an interview with the bride somewhere. She claimed the producers told her to do that, which does not surprise me at all. That show is way too scripted, I can't even stand to watch the commercials!

SweetDreams98 Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 9:19pm
post #9 of 15

I basically agree with what everyone said here. It seemed a little too "out there" to have been real. I'm going to have to search for that interview! That's interesting. Yes, making another cake would have been more money but I suppose my line of thought is this...I think of my cakes as edible art. I LOVE the fact that after everyone admires the craftsmanship it can be cut and enjoyed by taste as well. I love art in all forms but what other medium do you literally use sight, smell and taste (and hey, add texture/touch to that list) to appreciate what you're seeing? It would have broken my heart to have it defiled that way. That being said, yeah it was paid in full and supposedly the mother paid for 2 cakes (I would have loved to been paid for THAT order!). Still, I think my Greek temper would have FLARED for sure. I agree that I would have delivered the cake that she "added inspiration" to, however it would be hard considering the mother was apparently a repeat customer. Another point that was well made was that really, the INTELLIGENT thing to do would have been to peel the fondant and redo the cake. You want to make it more unusual? Well use colored fondant, colorful flowers and doing something more non traditional while keeping the original cake. Ugh. Cake Boss isn't one of my favorite shows but I have done away with cable so I tend to watch Netflix or rely on Hulu for the few times I want to watch TV.

rachel_n_jazmin Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 3:19am
post #10 of 15

I just googled this and she admitted that it was totally staged. She even posted it on facebook saying that it was staged and the cake she got in the end was actually the cake that they had ordered.

SweetDreams98 Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 9:02am
post #11 of 15

rachel_n_jazmin - I did the same thing! haha It really makes you wonder because the bakery AND the network both said it was legit. Eh, everyone is intrigued by drama icon_smile.gif

kaat Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 12:49pm
post #12 of 15

I figured it was scripted as soon as he picked up the cake. There is no way one person could pick up a real 4 tier fondant cake as easily as he did when he took it out to show it to her. I immediately thought dummies! (I thought the same when he left her to decorate the cake!) lol!

SweetDreams98 Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 5:57pm
post #13 of 15

haha kaat!!! See I get so wrapped up in what's going on I don't even notice things like that! I'm going to have to rewatch it since it's on Netflix! I didn't even think to look at the ease of which he picked up the cake! I don't think there's really such a thing as "reality" TV.

myslady Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 4:53am
post #14 of 15

I think reality tv is just real people acting out a scripted show. I know on another episode this lady was acting out cause she supposedly ordered a full crumb cake and drove from another state to pick it up. Buddy of course saved the day then the show showed a picture of the both of them enjoying a piece of the cake she ordered.

Ursula40 Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 5:08am
post #15 of 15

What really gets me though, what some people will do to get on tv. There is NO WAY, I would have agreed to act like that on reality TV. It has nothing to do with reality and some people will think forever, that you are like that. If it is a show and I am an actor, it's another story, although some actors are perceived ot be the person they portray. Some can never shake that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%