Fondant Decorations Stick To The Cake How To

Decorating By Tinarie Updated 2 Jun 2011 , 2:08pm by dsilvest

Tinarie Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 5

Hello. How do I make fondant decorations stick to the cake. If I wanted to put a scolloped edged piece of fondant around my cake. Do I need something brushed onto the fondant or will it stay on it's on? The cake will be covered in fondant.

I'm making a mini mouse hat cake and have used fondant but never added fondant decorations. Like circle or bows. I'm making this cake for a friend next month and wanted to make a sample first. Now I'm purchasing all I need so if I need anything special please helpicon_smile.gif Does anyone know how to make the mini mouse ears? Can I use fondant so I don't have to buy a lot of different supplies?

Thanks for all your help......

4 replies
Lovin_Cakes30 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 5

Whenever I attach fondant decorations I don't need to use anything to make them stick. I use MMF so they just stick right on. I have seen people brush on a bit of water if they won't stick. As for the ears.... I don't think they would dry hard enough to stand up. Mix in some gumpaste or just use gumpaste. HTH!

sparkle25 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 5

I like to use clear corn syrup or even piping gel works great. Some people also use an edible sugar glue that is pretty simple to make, it's just Tylose powder mixed with water.

If you are making lighter pieces water will work fine as well.

Hope that helps!

Tinarie Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for all your advice. You have been so helpful.

dsilvest Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 2:08pm
post #5 of 5

Shortening rubbed on the back of the fondant works as wells. This makes it easy to reposition if you don't like the location.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%