We Can't Critique Cake Shows On Cc???

Lounge By Kaytecake Updated 1 Jun 2011 , 7:03pm by Unlimited

Kaytecake  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaytecake Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 5

I was following another thread and the admins posted the forum rules there. http://cakecentral.com/cake-de.....7741-.html
I understand why they would like to keep the board flame free and support that, but I do like to know that people can feel free to discuss cake related subjects that cover the media, like books and cake shows. I value the opinions and observations of the members here, and like to see people voice them, whether I agree with them or not.

If we choose to post anything, we expect people to respond. I think that cake "celebrities" put themselves out there and are fair game. I don't want to see the conversation sink to a vicious level- I think we're better than that. I do expect people to review, books, DVDs and shows in a reasonable manner like they do elsewhere. When I'm shopping for an item that's new to me, you bet I check out the reviews before purchase. I appreciate people taking the time to help others either avoid a bad product or to let us know how happy they were with it.

Sorry for the vent.

4 replies
 Lovin_Cakes30  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovin_Cakes30 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 5

Was that about the "Iced WIth Sylvia Weinstock" thread??? I didn't think anyone was disrespectful, just stating their opinions! I agree, public figures and "celebrities" are fair game. Reading reviews is benificial to everyone. I really don't see the big deal. I think personal attacks should stay out of it, but opinions should be welcome. I was not fond of the show....

Kaytecake  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaytecake Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 5

It wasn't the "Iced" thread but another unrelated one where there was a difference of opinion between members.

As far as mass media and celebrity goes- maybe it's time the public starts pointing out the egotism, excessive self promotion, and bad behavior. Why have a double standard- if we're held accountable for our missteps then why not do the same with the "stars"?

Lovin_Cakes30  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovin_Cakes30 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 6:28pm
post #4 of 5

Oh okay! Cause I thought the Iced one was pretty fair and polite so I was thinking "What?" I understand how we don't need personal attacks, say about how they look etc...but we should be able to comment on their bad and YES egotistical behavior!

Unlimited  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 5

It's finethey just prefer to have it in The Lounge.