We Can't Critique Cake Shows On Cc???

Lounge By Kaytecake Updated 1 Jun 2011 , 7:03pm by Unlimited

Kaytecake Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 5

I was following another thread and the admins posted the forum rules there. http://cakecentral.com/cake-de.....7741-.html
I understand why they would like to keep the board flame free and support that, but I do like to know that people can feel free to discuss cake related subjects that cover the media, like books and cake shows. I value the opinions and observations of the members here, and like to see people voice them, whether I agree with them or not.

If we choose to post anything, we expect people to respond. I think that cake "celebrities" put themselves out there and are fair game. I don't want to see the conversation sink to a vicious level- I think we're better than that. I do expect people to review, books, DVDs and shows in a reasonable manner like they do elsewhere. When I'm shopping for an item that's new to me, you bet I check out the reviews before purchase. I appreciate people taking the time to help others either avoid a bad product or to let us know how happy they were with it.

Sorry for the vent.

4 replies
Lovin_Cakes30 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 5

Was that about the "Iced WIth Sylvia Weinstock" thread??? I didn't think anyone was disrespectful, just stating their opinions! I agree, public figures and "celebrities" are fair game. Reading reviews is benificial to everyone. I really don't see the big deal. I think personal attacks should stay out of it, but opinions should be welcome. I was not fond of the show....

Kaytecake Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 5

It wasn't the "Iced" thread but another unrelated one where there was a difference of opinion between members.

As far as mass media and celebrity goes- maybe it's time the public starts pointing out the egotism, excessive self promotion, and bad behavior. Why have a double standard- if we're held accountable for our missteps then why not do the same with the "stars"?

Lovin_Cakes30 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 6:28pm
post #4 of 5

Oh okay! Cause I thought the Iced one was pretty fair and polite so I was thinking "What?" I understand how we don't need personal attacks, say about how they look etc...but we should be able to comment on their bad and YES egotistical behavior!

Unlimited Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 5

It's finethey just prefer to have it in The Lounge.