Humorous "unemployment" Cake?

Decorating By traci_doodle Updated 1 Jun 2011 , 5:15pm by warchild

traci_doodle Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 2:52pm
post #1 of 8

My friend's husband is graduating from his MBA program, and to celebrate they are going to have an "unemployment" party, since he is an entrepreneur and won't be getting a "real" job. I offered to make a cake, but I need ideas. They thought it would be funny to have a cake that looked like a $100 bill, but I don't have any square or rectangular pans (and it's not within my budget to buy some). Any ideas? I have round and hexagonal pans, but I'm not crazy about the cakes that look like money is coming out of them. It doesn't have to be money-related.

7 replies
SarahL4683 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 8

What about a cake with him sitting in a recliner watching tv with his feet up?

CalhounsCakery Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahL4683

What about a cake with him sitting in a recliner watching tv with his feet up?

icon_lol.gif When I saw the topic, I had the same thought!

traci_doodle Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 4:01pm
post #4 of 8

I wish! The only sculpting I've ever done is of birds. This sounds way over my skill level! I was also hoping to keep my costs under $15-$20 or so, which would mean I think I need to stick to buttercream. Maybe this is just asking too much. Maybe I could do the image as a fbct?

MarianInFL Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 4:05pm
post #5 of 8

Since you have round pans, how about loose change rather than a $100 bill?

SarahL4683 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 4:16pm
post #6 of 8

A FBCT would work! I think the idea follows the humorous theme. The loose change idea works too... you could actually do cupcakes and mini cupcakes for the change instead of a full cake too.

traci_doodle Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 4:44pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks for the ideas! I'll run it by my friend and see what she thinks. I had one other idea, but I'm not sure it would come across the right way--I have a superman character pan, and I thought I could make it, but instead of the "s" on his chest, put the logo of the business school. Does that sound weird? I could see it either being funny, or them being really embarrassed to show that to their friends.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%