Those Who Own Caddywampus Stands Please Stand Up :)

Decorating By cutiepiecupcake Updated 1 Jun 2011 , 12:03pm by dreamacres

cutiepiecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiepiecupcake Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 4:58am
post #1 of 2

I was hoping for someone who owns a caddywampus stand and who has had a good bit of successful experience using it, could actually answer the following questions for me.. would be sooooo much appreciated.

I have just purchased both the round and square versions and had them imported to Australia.. I'm busting to use at least one of them soon. I have a possible wedding cake to maybe apply the stand to.. but I need to feed 100 dessert serves (I go by Wilton chart size normally). My questions are:

* What size cakes do you run with? Can you use a 7, 9 & 11 inch.. or would you suggest going 1 inch smaller on each tier? I use this cake calculator http://shinymetalobjects.net/cake/calculator/cake_calculator.cgi but wilton doesn't seem to provide the serving amounts for a 7, 9 & 11 inch?? Very frustrating!

* I use standard 3" deep pans, my cakes when covered usually stand at least 4" high. Could I double my cakes.. or at the very least add an extra layer to help stretch out the servings? Or would I be best to stick to the standard 4" decorated cake and supply the extra tier seperately?

* What is your best method to achieve 'the hole' for the poles and fittings to pass neatly through?

Thank you in advance to those who are kind enough to share their experience.. I can't find many answers at all via google?!

1 reply
dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 12:03pm
post #2 of 2

I know I had seen the precut boards at one time. Sent messages several time to inquire about them but never rec'd a reply from them. Grrrrrr Love the stand but no direction provided. I don't think there would be much room to add layers. Hint.... I put cake on boards with the nuts screw together under the boards and then sit them on cake pans while I worked on cakes. That way all I had to do was press them together no screwing or turning with cake on boards. Hope that makes sense.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%