Fat Daddio's Mad Dadder Pan Set

Decorating By BGchef Updated 3 Jun 2011 , 6:06am by JanH

BGchef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BGchef Posted 31 May 2011 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 2

I saw the Fat Daddio Mad Dadder (topsy-turvy) pans on GSA and they were on sale for 40% off, so I got super excited and bought them on a whim without really thinking it through. Now that I have the pans in front of me, a few questions came to mind, so I was wondering if anyone who has used these or similar pans can answer for me.. I already searched all the other posts on these pans and no one has written about their experience with the pans.

1. Probably the most common question: do the cakes bake evenly, considering one side will contain much more batter than the other?

2. When you construct a topsy-turvy cake by carving it, the tiers are actually sitting FLAT on one another, but create an illusion that they are slanted. The Mad Dadder cakes however, are ACTUALLY SLANTED, so when you stack them on top of each other, do they actually stay put? Any special instructions?

3. I am a bit nervous to try these out so can anyone who has tried them tell me their overall thoughts on the pans? Did it work out for you? What would you do differently? Will you use them again or is it easier to just carve a topsy-turvy cake? Any tips at all would be appreciated!

Thank you

1 reply
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 6:06am
post #2 of 2

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%