Any Tips For Filled Cc - Nutella & "not Yo Mama's B

Baking By BACI Updated 3 Jun 2011 , 8:39am by jakip

BACI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BACI Posted 31 May 2011 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 6

HI all! I'd really love some input for my fellow CC's to calm my anxiety! LOL!
Going to try my hand at filled cupcakes for my s-i-l's rubber duckie themed baby shower... The cupcakes will be topped with blue buttercream, chocolate rubber duckie & "bubbles".
Here is my plan based on some of her favorites - any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

One cupcake I'd like to fill with Yummy Nutella - not 100% on the cupcake flavor to use - any suggestions?

The second I would like to try my hand at filling it with Paula Deen's" Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding" (DELISH!!)...
I am between a yellow cupcake or a chocolate (depending on what I use for the 1st one) - I plan to bake a Nilla wafer on the bottom -
Is it possible for me to place a banana on top of the cookie before added the batter to bake OR should I stick with filling the cupcake after it is baked with the pudding???
If so, what do you think would work best - should I cut up small pieces of banana & mix into pudding OR lay a slice of banana on top of the cupcake under the buttercream?

ALSO, Do I need to core the cupcakes to fill it?
Any thoughts/suggestions on any of this would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you so much for reading!!

5 replies
BACI Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 6

icon_sad.gif Anyone??? Any thoughts/opinions - especially on how to include the piece of banana?? Anyone??

Buehler? Buehler? icon_biggrin.gif

LaurenLuLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenLuLu Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 12:41pm
post #3 of 6

I would use a dried banana chip instead of fresh (like the ones sold near the raisins). Sounds good though!

jakip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jakip Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 6

I use two ways, Inject the filling into the cupcake before decorating this will give you a sort of sponge with a gooey centre or slice of the top of cupcake scoop out the centre with a melon baller and fill and then replace top of cupcake to decorate, the second way gives a more defind filling.
As for flavours hope about Toff with the banana for a banoffe type of flavour and a chocolate with the chocolate which is nice with the smooth filling.
Good luck

BACI Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 3:12pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you for your response!

LaurenLuLu - dried banana chip - didn't think of that! Have you used them before? WOndering which way would work best - the chip on top of the Nilla wafer baked in the bottom of the cupcake or on top or within the cupcake after baking? Thanks for your input!

Jakip - Toffee w/ the banana sounds yummy! If I don't do it for this (not sure if she likes it) will def. have to try it!
As for injecting the filling - I was concerned about the cupcake tearing/bursting - think this is a concern? Any tips on knowing when enough filling is in before a yummy explosion - lol!
Thanks for your response!

Appreciate the input for my 1st stuffed cupcake attempt! :0)

jakip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jakip Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 8:39am
post #6 of 6

Lol, cupcake explosion, now thats a tasty mess! lol

I normally put about 5ml ( one teaspoon) worth in each cake , basically inject in and fill and withdraw the nossle while still filling, wipe of excess that oozes out.
Have fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%