How To Colour Leaves To Match Cream Roses

Decorating By scottijai Updated 2 Jun 2011 , 12:33pm by cherrycakes

scottijai Posted 31 May 2011 , 8:21pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a wedding cake with cream roses. I am struggling with what colour to do the leaves with can anyone please give me some tips. I would be most grateful

5 replies
cherrycakes Posted 31 May 2011 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 6

I recently did a 25th anniversary cake (in my photo gallery) that was pink and white. I chose to keep the leaves ivory but lightly painted the veins green (diluted with vodka). It gave the illusion of green leaves but kept it very subtle as I felt that green leaves would be overpowering. Hope that helps!

scottijai Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 6

Hi there, thank you very much for leaving your message. I had a look at your cake your work is so lovely, I will try your suggestion out tomorrow. I am actually looking for some glass cake boards have you ever come across anything like this. I have seen them on the internet but have been unable to find any for sale. Would be grateful for any help
Many thanks.

BecuzImAGurl Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 10:31pm
post #4 of 6

glass cake boards? are you looking for Flexi-glass?

scottijai Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 9:42am
post #5 of 6

Hi there, thanks for your reply. To be honest I am not sure what I am looking for but if the flexi glass looks like glass then that would do fine. I saw them being used by some cake designers and thought they looked really different

cherrycakes Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 12:33pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you for you compliments! I wish I could help you with the glass idea but I'm also not sure of where you would get that. I wonder if a glass cutting store could help you?

Quote by @%username% on %date%