Modeling Chocolate

Decorating By KATHIESKREATIONS Updated 1 Jun 2011 , 12:41pm by KATHIESKREATIONS

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 31 May 2011 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 5

When I want to lighten my modeling chocolate, can I use a little of the Wilton Icing Color White-White AFTER it has set & hardened & while I am kneeding it? I have used the Wilton yellow Candy Melts, but I want a lighter yellow. Thanks much~~~

4 replies
mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 31 May 2011 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 5

Try it on a little piece of chocolate first, that way if it doesn't work you won't waste the rest of your chocolate.

KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 31 May 2011 , 8:27pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks, mena2002, I guess I will have to make some white modeling chocolate & mix with the yellow modeling chocolate. I tried a little of the Wilton white-white on a small piece of the yellow & all it did was bring out the oils from the chocolate...what a mess that would have been. icon_cry.gif Hey, that's okay, I'll know next time. Just didn't think it through until it was finished! icon_lol.gif

Reyna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reyna Posted 31 May 2011 , 8:42pm
post #4 of 5

i would just make some white and knead them together. I'lve used the White icing coloring and its much thinner than any other color you can find. When i used it i noticed a lot of dots that didn't color correctly you are dealing with grease in the chocolate so those tiny pieces of grease won't pick up the color. From far you won't notice just from close up.
What i do is make white and yellow and just mix them together.

KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 12:41pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks, Reyna, that is exactly what I found when I tested it on a small piece. I am making cake pop roses, so they will be looked at close up! LOL Going to kneed the white & yellow modeling chocolate together to get the lighter shade.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%