Need Help Figuring Out A Name For My Cake Businesss

Decorating By jmelynn35 Updated 1 Jun 2011 , 12:42am by jmelynn35

jmelynn35 Posted 31 May 2011 , 4:13pm
post #1 of 4

Hey Everyone! Thanks for responding!
Here is the situation, I have a small out of house cake business going and not sure what to name it, I have thought of a few names but couldn't stick to them. I am coming here to get some help and see if you can help me with this problem! Here is a little about me so that maybe you can get some ideas.

My Name is Jamie, I love my middle name Lynn. I'm 23, I live in a small country town in Oklahoma. I cook out of my small kitchen. I love old antique items for decorating. My fav colors are purple, pink & blue. I like butterflies as well. I hope this will help you help me!
Thanks guys!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 31 May 2011 , 5:44pm
post #2 of 4

Hi There and Welcome to CC!!!

Names are always a personal choice as you want it to reflect your personality...I also to would advise that you check your state laws first about food cottage laws and see if you are allowed to sell baked goods from your home legally or if you need to be licensed.

Hope you find some great info here!!

cakesdivine Posted 31 May 2011 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 4

It looks like it is still illegal in OK to do cakes from home. I could be wrong, they may have recently passed a bill into law but didn't see anything in a quick search. Didn't really dig to find out though. Maybe another OK baker can chime in on this.

jmelynn35 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 12:42am
post #4 of 4

Thanks guys! I didn't even realize this... Good thing I'm getting my own little shop set up soon! it will still be on my property, but will be its own separate kitchen.

Quote by @%username% on %date%