Corona Cake

Decorating By MissCuteCupcakes Updated 24 Apr 2016 , 2:10am by Xosabo

MissCuteCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCuteCupcakes Posted 31 May 2011 , 4:13pm
post #1 of 10

i have a order for a very simple cake that includes a real bottle of corona

i was thinking of making a bucket out of cake and placing the corona bottle inside (maybe two) and putting the corona logo on the bucket...very simple

but my question is, how would i stick the corona in the cake without it messing up or just tearing apart the cake? i am completely stumped on that part icon_eek.gif

any ideas??

9 replies
MFARAH1020 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MFARAH1020 Posted 31 May 2011 , 4:32pm
post #2 of 10

Look at the picture of my beer bucket, the beers did not mess up the cake, just press them slowly inside the cake.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2047879

HaydenSC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HaydenSC Posted 31 May 2011 , 4:48pm
post #3 of 10

I made a false top for the bucket from a foam ring with some foam core underneath. Everything under the first "ring" on the bucket is real. I made the cubes and placed the beers in at an angle and added the cubes. I didn't have to worry about the beers being too heavy or cracking the cake.
Here is my picture:
http://ashleybakery.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/img_6642-e1280199061357.jpg

MissCuteCupcakes Posted 31 May 2011 , 4:49pm
post #4 of 10

wow, u did a great job! did you make a little brim at the top of the cake? its looks as if the brim is holding up the bottles...and how did you make the ice??

also, i dont plan on using fondant, just buttercream

MFARAH1020 Posted 31 May 2011 , 5:08pm
post #5 of 10

I put a trim of cake on top of the last layer like half an inch high and then covered it with buttercream icing and then fondant. I do not know how to use buttercream. I only decorate my cakes with fondant. The brim is not holding up the bottles, the bottles are stuck inside the cake and hold by the ice, once the ice gets a little of heat it gets stcuk to the bottles and nothing moves. I hope this helps, I made my ice out of sugar and corn syrup, I added blue fondant under the ice to try to get the yellow color out of the ice.

MissCuteCupcakes Posted 31 May 2011 , 5:13pm
post #6 of 10

ok, great! thanks alot for your help. i'll post pics when i make it this weekend

is there a recipe for the sugar corn syrup ice?

MFARAH1020 Posted 31 May 2011 , 5:19pm
post #7 of 10

Just a 1/3 of a cup of regular sugar and 1/3 of a cup of corn syrup boil them until you get 350 degrees, then pour the mix in a mold and let it get hard, Cheaper than using isomalt and looks almost the same. This measure is good for one bottle, if you need to make more than one bottle at a time use 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of corn syrup. I added brown food coloring when the mix is 350 degree. just be careful it is really hot.

Xosabo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Xosabo Posted 22 Apr 2016 , 6:09pm
post #8 of 10

Hi, you did a great job on the cake. Did you wrap the fondant around the bucket in 3 different peices?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Apr 2016 , 10:32pm
post #9 of 10

Xosabo you will not get an answer to your ? as this thread is some 5 years old.  I doubt the poster(s) are even still around as I don't recognize the names. 

Xosabo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Xosabo Posted 24 Apr 2016 , 2:10am
post #10 of 10

Thanks. I saw how old it was, but figured I would give it a shot anyway.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%