Just Doesn't It Make You Mad...grrrr

Lounge By Kiddiekakes Updated 6 Jun 2011 , 2:32pm by LoveMeSomeCake615

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 31 May 2011 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 4

I get an email yesterday morning asking if I am available to do a baby shower cake for this coming Sunday.I say yes...but I need to have all the details sorted out by Monday night as I bake for my orders Tuesdays and I already have orders on the books..She tells me she wants to feed 35-40 people...So I send pictures etc...back and forth and the last email she says well I really don't want to go over $100.00..so I email back (after sending pictures and prices to feed 35-40 so she knows the prices...and I gently tell her I only really have a 40 piece cupcake cake available for that serving amount and price range and to let me know before tuesday morning.

Well it is now morning and no email...It really pisses me off that I spend my valuable time emailing back and forth and sending pictures etc and I don't even get an email saying...

"Thanks but it is too much" or..."It is a little out of my price range so maybe next time"I have no problem telling someone No thanks if I can't afford it and so do others but at least I have the courtesy to email back.

But to NOT respond at all really shows lack of respect for my time and talent ...burns my butt!!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Okay..I am alright now.... thumbs_up.gificon_wink.gif

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
Valkstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valkstar Posted 31 May 2011 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 4

I totally get what you mean. I had a woman from a forum I'm a member of (not a cake one) asking me to do cupcakes for her son's First Holy Communion two weeks ago. She had decided what she need after a few emails, then suddenly said she couldn't collect. My husband was free that day so I offered to get him to drop them over to her to help her out.
I never got a reply. If she didn't want the cakes she should have just said icon_mad.gif

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 4

Was it Debi who said the first three questions we ask are:
What is the the date of the event, the number of serving you need and, most importantly,mwhat is your budget?

Cut to the chase. icon_lol.gif
mommachris

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 2:32pm
post #4 of 4

I know I hate that too, so much! It is SO frustrating to me to email or call back and forth with someone trying to figure out what they want and/or can afford, only to have them just stop responding and then I always wonder if they even got my last message. I hate to think there may be something more I could have done to get the job, you know?

It seems really inconsiderate to me to not at least say "thanks, but no thanks", but my DH always reminds me that they are probably thinking of us as really busy and figure we won't even notice or care if they don't give a definite yes or no. I guess I get that, but still frustrating!

I always ask them the budget question in my first email or phone call, but A LOT of the time, they say they don't know, they seem to hesitate to even give me a ball park, so then I have to try to feel them out. I usually start by giving them a quote for exactly what they asked for, and saying that if that is outside their budget to let me know and I can come up with some alternatives. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%