Shipping Figures?

Decorating By ihateveggies Updated 31 May 2011 , 2:54pm by cad1951

ihateveggies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihateveggies Posted 31 May 2011 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 2

A customer on the east coast of Canada asked for some gumpaste figures for her wedding cake. I told her I wasn't sure they would survive shipping as they are really fragile but she wanted to give it a whirl anyways. I finally figured out why - I was charging next to nothing compared to the ones online! Most of those are made from polymer clay but I did some researching & I don't think I could do all 5 figures with wire apatures under them & some sort of stand so they wouldn't touch her cake (If I was there I might try it because I could figure out the base but I'm not)

So - how would I go about shipping 5 little wedding figures from Central Canada to easter Canada? What type of shipping material? How would you put them in the box? (standing upright in styrofoam?) - Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - she wants them by the end of June!

1 reply
cad1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cad1951 Posted 31 May 2011 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 2

i shipped a rolled buttercream 3d figure with gum tex added from ar to illinois in the mail and it made it ok. first time shipping so i know how you feel. i put mine in a small box on top of bubble wrap, then stuffed rolled paper towels loosely around it. then put in a little larger box with bubble wrap to fill larger box. suprisingly in the heat, going thru the mail, etc. it made it with no problem. went thru a weekend plus 3 days in the mail. hope yours makes it ok too, such a relief when you are notified it made it without a problem of falling apart. good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%