Colors For Spongebob And Patrick?

Decorating By dailey Updated 31 May 2011 , 8:15pm by dailey

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 31 May 2011 , 4:58am
post #1 of 5

I was hoping that I can get some input from those of you who have made Spongebob and Patrick. I am assuming Spongebob is basic yellow, however, Patrick is a pinkish/coral color? Any tips on what to color the fondant to achieve this shade? thanks!

4 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 31 May 2011 , 6:54am
post #2 of 5

I think a combination of pink and orange would do the trick, but you might need to experiment a little to get the right ratio. Probably more orange than pink, because otherwise it will be more peachy than coral.

dailey Posted 31 May 2011 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for the suggestion! I added some orange to my pink fondant..and then a bit of ivory and it came out perfect! Yea!!

Allie06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Allie06 Posted 31 May 2011 , 4:29pm
post #4 of 5

Hi! I did Patrick cookies this weekend, Wilton makes a Peach color. Perfect fit for PatrickStar. I used Americolors for his shorts, but that Peach was dead on. I would think Sunshine Yellow for Sponge with green luster in his pores =) But thats just a guess, I have not tried to recreate SpongeBob...yet!

dailey Posted 31 May 2011 , 8:15pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie06

Hi! I did Patrick cookies this weekend, Wilton makes a Peach color. Perfect fit for PatrickStar. I used Americolors for his shorts, but that Peach was dead on. I would think Sunshine Yellow for Sponge with green luster in his pores =) But thats just a guess, I have not tried to recreate SpongeBob...yet!

Thanks for the letting me know! : )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%