New And I Need Help

Decorating By ultra8 Updated 30 May 2011 , 10:58pm by ultra8

ultra8 Posted 30 May 2011 , 10:16pm
post #1 of 3

I have some time but I want to get it right. I am going to make a cake that looks like a Harley gas tank. It needs to feed 250 people, if anyone has ideas for me and I need to know how far in advance i can make the cake.The Wedding is Aug 20th I have time to pratice m sons B-day is in June so I can make a cake for him and 5 or 6 others I can practice on.
Any notes will help
Thank you icon_confused.gif

2 replies
sweetviolet Posted 30 May 2011 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 3

I know that you can make the "cake" part of the cake several days in advance, wrap it VERY well with plastic wrap and freeze it. You can even bake, fill, and dirty ice, then freeze. Any fondant details that will go on the cake can also be made days and days in advance. So I guess I would (if the cake was for Sat. say) Bake on Mon., let cool, fill stack and freeze. Tues-Thurs....work on any support structure, make details and icing, take cake out of freezer, thaw overnight and then carving, final icing and/or fondant on Fri. This is assuming that you have only a few hours each day to spend on it. If you have full days then you can adjust the time table accordingly. Hope this helps!

ultra8 Posted 30 May 2011 , 10:58pm
post #3 of 3

thank you i will keep this on hand i want to get it right for my best friends wedding. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%