Attaching Colorflow To Fondant??

Decorating By specialtycakesbysara Updated 1 Jun 2011 , 1:05pm by specialtycakesbysara

specialtycakesbysara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
specialtycakesbysara Posted 30 May 2011 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 3

I made a colorflow piece and I wanted to attach it to Fondant and then attach that to buttercream. What is the best way to attach the CF piece to fondant?? Also will the colorflow start to break down?? This cake is due tonight, should I wait until last minute to attach the CF to the fondant?? Thanks!! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 31 May 2011 , 2:34am
post #2 of 3

I'm probably writing you too late for this to be of any use, but here goes, anyway. I'd use a little bit of royal icing to attach the colorflow to the fondant. You don't want to add too much humidity to the CF piece, which is why I say "a little", but once it dries, you don't have to worry about it breaking down - fondant isn't humid once it has sat around for a little while, so you could easily put the CF piece on the fondant early in the day with no worry that it wouldn't hold up till in the evening. The few times I've done colorflow, I've attached it directly to buttercream, which is a lot more humid than fondant, and nothing out-of-the-way happened, even though the cake wasn't cut till the next day.

specialtycakesbysara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
specialtycakesbysara Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 1:05pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much for the reply!! This helps for the next time!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%