Owl For Grad Cake

Decorating By ReGene Updated 6 Jun 2011 , 1:33am by ReGene

ReGene Posted 30 May 2011 , 4:08pm
post #1 of 4

I am new at this and do not have a repetoire of 3-D cake experience

I looked in articles and in the forum How to and the only owl cake I saw was the on sitting with books. I was looking for something more like the cookie template, but in a 3-D. I want to do a 3-D one to put on the top of a grad cake and have not done one before. (4-6" approx.).

I would appreciate any tips or hints or info to find a templates for the vest, tie, wings, etc. I can do them free hand if necessary, but thought if there was a template it would be faster.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

3 replies
tbkimber Posted 31 May 2011 , 4:52am
post #2 of 4

If you can't find any cake tutorials you could look at your local craft store for how-to books in the clay sculpting department. Practicing with clay works great because most sculpting clays do not dry out so you can reuse it and the consistency is very close.

jennifercullen Posted 31 May 2011 , 6:48am
post #3 of 4

Hi, I've got an owl cake in my photos, its the last one I uploaded so the first one there. If you mean that kind of shape let me know and I will let you know how I did it icon_smile.gif

ReGene Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 1:33am
post #4 of 4

YES! Thank You. I would really appreciate knowing how you did it. I was thinking of making him a bit skinnier at the top and putting glasses on him, but any help would be great. Have to do it for Friday, 6-10.

Quote by @%username% on %date%