French Gateaux & Cake Design Mag...real Or Hoax

Decorating By Katiebelle74 Updated 30 May 2011 , 4:21pm by sweetartbakery

Katiebelle74  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiebelle74 Posted 30 May 2011 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 3

I received an email today which does not seen to include enough info. (person's full name, company address etc.) so I am suspicious that it is not legit. Have any of you recieved this same email (see below)?

"Hello,

First of all I would like to congratulate you for your amazing cakes !

I'am writting to you from France where I'm writting the first ever cake design french magazine (first issue should be end of may). I would like to share pictures of your cakes with the french readers and that'is why I'am writting you this email.
Of course, if I publish your cakes, you pictures will be tagged will be mentionned as a contributor, plus a link towards your website.
If you're interested in being published, the topics for this issue are mostly bright colors cakes,
floral wedding cakes and cakes for boys

I just would need wide pics of your cakes with no tag on (since I will add it with your logo on the pictures).

I would be very glad and my readers too I'm sure !

Thank you in advance.

Livy."

2 replies
 CalhounsCakery  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CalhounsCakery Posted 30 May 2011 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 3

I would email back requesting more information, and contact information that you could verify. Than at least you would know. And if it is legit, congrats!

sweetartbakery  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetartbakery Posted 30 May 2011 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 3

I got the same thing and did a google search, which lead me to your post. I asked for more info... We'll see. I never do cakecentral when they ask because I can't publish my photos on my website (which brings me business), so I found it odd that they made no mention of that. Hmmmm.... You would think they would have the same rules. If only I had time to do dummy cakes for these things!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%