French Gateaux & Cake Design Mag...real Or Hoax

Decorating By Katiebelle74 Updated 30 May 2011 , 4:21pm by sweetartbakery

Katiebelle74 Posted 30 May 2011 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 3

I received an email today which does not seen to include enough info. (person's full name, company address etc.) so I am suspicious that it is not legit. Have any of you recieved this same email (see below)?

"Hello,

First of all I would like to congratulate you for your amazing cakes !

I'am writting to you from France where I'm writting the first ever cake design french magazine (first issue should be end of may). I would like to share pictures of your cakes with the french readers and that'is why I'am writting you this email.
Of course, if I publish your cakes, you pictures will be tagged will be mentionned as a contributor, plus a link towards your website.
If you're interested in being published, the topics for this issue are mostly bright colors cakes,
floral wedding cakes and cakes for boys

I just would need wide pics of your cakes with no tag on (since I will add it with your logo on the pictures).

I would be very glad and my readers too I'm sure !

Thank you in advance.

Livy."

2 replies
CalhounsCakery Posted 30 May 2011 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 3

I would email back requesting more information, and contact information that you could verify. Than at least you would know. And if it is legit, congrats!

sweetartbakery Posted 30 May 2011 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 3

I got the same thing and did a google search, which lead me to your post. I asked for more info... We'll see. I never do cakecentral when they ask because I can't publish my photos on my website (which brings me business), so I found it odd that they made no mention of that. Hmmmm.... You would think they would have the same rules. If only I had time to do dummy cakes for these things!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%