Fondx Issue...

Decorating By cole10 Updated 30 May 2011 , 5:31pm by cole10

cole10 Posted 30 May 2011 , 12:21pm
post #1 of 5

I have recently switched to FondX from making my own marshmallow fondant. I love it! It tastes great and very easy to work with. However, I have one issue. I cut out stripes and circles to be put on the tiers of my last cake. By the time I got everything cut and airbrushed, the fondant had dried and hardened so I wasn't able to curve my stripes over the top edge. Is ther anything I can do to not have it harden so fast? Thanks in advance!

4 replies
LindaF144a Posted 30 May 2011 , 1:04pm
post #2 of 5

Store it under plastic wrap until you are ready to use it.

DaniNicole Posted 30 May 2011 , 1:36pm
post #3 of 5

Keep it covered under plastic wrap and in in plastic wrap....

cakeyouverymuch Posted 30 May 2011 , 2:03pm
post #4 of 5

I buy the flexible chopping mats at the dollar store (they sometimes come two to a pack, and sometimes just one). When I do cutouts I lay them on one mat and cover them with the other till I'm ready to add color to them or put them on the cake. It also makes it easy to move a bunch of smaller pieces at one time. I've even joined two together with fiberglass tape so they work like a file folder. That way the top one doesn't slide off and expose the pieces to the air.

If you can't find them at your local dollar store they are also available at Amazon They even come in different colors.

cole10 Posted 30 May 2011 , 5:31pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the tips! Will try them next cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%