Need The Help Of Cc Members

Decorating By josefina20 Updated 2 Jun 2011 , 4:32am by josefina20

josefina20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josefina20 Posted 30 May 2011 , 8:07am
post #1 of 29

My computer broke down, and all my file, and tutorial and cake relate web site are gone. I am a self taught cake decoration, and all of that tutorial that you guy place everyday help me to improve myself so please help me to make my file again

If you have some tutorial, recipe website, or anything cake relate please please please, send me email. (i used to have this amazing cake matrix file and gourmet flavors cakes recipes, flower tutorial, and all kind of tutorial.)

thanks for all your help

28 replies
platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 30 May 2011 , 8:26am
post #2 of 29

I don't know if this is what you are referring to ...however, this is one the rest on on the comp itself have to look for them

Free Figure Making Tutorials (HUNDREDS)!
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=672099&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

josefina20 Posted 30 May 2011 , 8:40am
post #3 of 29

yessssssssss, thanks so much, and yes please any type of tutorial or web site, please, so i can started all over again with my file.

thanks so much

Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 30 May 2011 , 12:45pm
post #4 of 29

Here's macsmom's googledoc of gourmet flavor recipes:
https://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 30 May 2011 , 12:54pm
post #5 of 29

I am of no help for accumulating past files. But I wanted to mention that you can get external hard drives that connect to your computer through a USB port where you can store everything on there instead of your computer. I have one on my computer. I back it up there and save it to my hard drive. For extremely important stuff we also use drop box where it is stored in "the clouds". And Drop Box is free if you use only a certain amount every month. Sorry i can't remember what the storage limit is because we never seem to go over it.

Also you can save your bookmark file to the external hard drive also and not lose any of those either.

I hope you find everything soon. I would be lost too.

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 30 May 2011 , 4:38pm
post #7 of 29

I am no computer expert but glad that I have friends and family that are. I have had two of my computers die of various things and I was lucky that they were able to do something to get my files off and put them on an external hard drive.

I bought little flash drives and discs and now I burn my files or put them on the flash drive which seems to hold more than I expected by far. There are many tutorials and videos on youtube also. I put them as my favorites but if lost they are pretty easy to find by subject.

Best of luck to you.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 30 May 2011 , 4:59pm
post #8 of 29

Unless there was a catastrophic hard drive failure or virus that wiped your files (doesn't happen very often), you should be able to recover your files by opening the computer, taking the hard drive out, putting it into an external USB case (linked below), and attaching it to a new computer. The old hard drive should appear automatically under the My Computer icon if you are running Windows.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015LURY2/?tag=cakecentral-20

josefina20 Posted 30 May 2011 , 11:48pm
post #9 of 29

Jason and labmon, thanks so much, the problem with my laptop is the screen, there is something wrong with it, i am not able to see nothing on it, the computer turn on, i can hear the normal sound, but no picture or nothing show in the screen. So could i be able to recover my files.?

Thanks so much for the other respond. i am now trying to make my files again. thanks you thanks you . icon_biggrin.gif

jason_kraft Posted 30 May 2011 , 11:57pm
post #10 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by josefina20

Jason and labmon, thanks so much, the problem with my laptop is the screen, there is something wrong with it, i am not able to see nothing on it, the computer turn on, i can hear the normal sound, but no picture or nothing show in the screen. So could i be able to recover my files.?

If the screen is the only problem, your files should still be intact. If your laptop has a video-out connector you should be able to connect an external monitor to use as a screen instead of the laptop's screen. Just find a desktop PC that has a monitor, unplug the monitor from the desktop PC, and plug it in to your laptop. If you're not sure if your laptop has a video-out connector (or how to use it), you can call your laptop manufacturer's tech support line and they can walk you through the process. Once you have the external monitor hooked up, you can copy your files from the hard drive to a USB flash drive. If you buy a dedicated external monitor you could actually use the laptop indefinitely as a desktop PC, you just wouldn't be able to move it since it would be tethered to the monitor. You can even connect a keyboard and mouse to the laptop via the USB port.

Alternatively, you can still put your laptop hard drive in a USB enclosure, you would just need a 2.5" enclosure instead of a 3.5". Any reputable computer repair shop should be able to transplant your laptop's hard drive into an enclosure in about 5 minutes.

Personally I would pick the latter option and just buy a new laptop. With the old hard drive in the external enclosure you could copy files to the new laptop at your leisure, and going forward you can use the old hard drive to back up your files. You should also burn CDs of your important files every month or so, and keep at least one CD backup and one flash drive backup at an off-site location in case of a disaster.

josefina20 Posted 31 May 2011 , 12:17am
post #11 of 29

Does anyone have the how to make Disney character tutorial.

josefina20 Posted 31 May 2011 , 12:29am
post #12 of 29

Jason i tried that but i did not work, i thinks it has something wrong with the motherboard, so not hope. I call a computer repair company and they said there is something wrong with the motherboard, so it need to be replace, so all the file will be gone with it.

jason_kraft Posted 31 May 2011 , 12:34am
post #13 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by josefina20

Jason i tried that but i did not work, i thinks it has something wrong with the motherboard, so not hope. I call a computer repair company and they said there is something wrong with the motherboard, so it need to be replace, so all the file will be gone with it.

A motherboard failure would not affect the hard drive unless there was something like a short or pervasive water damage throughout the laptop...I would ask the repair company to put the internal hard drive from the laptop into a USB enclosure anyway and see what happens.

If they won't do that, find a local repair company that will.

Cosima Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cosima Posted 31 May 2011 , 12:49am
post #14 of 29

Excellent thread of info! Thanks everyone for sharing !

josefina20 Posted 31 May 2011 , 12:53am
post #15 of 29

i hope someone else, can learn from my mistake and save their file on a external hard drive, or is just me the crazy one no using a back up hard drive for cake addiction file jajajajja icon_eek.gif

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josefina20 Posted 31 May 2011 , 1:11am
post #17 of 29

Thanks thanks thanks.

mommynana Posted 31 May 2011 , 1:12am
post #18 of 29

Sorry don`t know if your looking for this one also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBWYlklg6AU&feature=grec_index

josefina20 Posted 31 May 2011 , 1:19am
post #19 of 29

yes, youtube too. i saved so many before, so i need them again

josefina20 Posted 31 May 2011 , 7:27am
post #20 of 29

Anyone with the Rose Swirls tutorial please, i know there is one out there so please can you post it or send it to me.

thanks

josefina20 Posted 31 May 2011 , 7:32am
post #21 of 29

anyone can send me the billowing technique tutorial please please.

thanks so much

ps. or any other tutorial is ok too. Spanish or English is ok thanks sooooooooo much

jenabbott00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenabbott00 Posted 31 May 2011 , 2:06pm
post #22 of 29

I have so many things in my favorites! I would be totally lost without them. Maybe I should consider backing mine up. I did however find some new ones on this thread to add to my collection!icon_smile.gif

mommynana Posted 31 May 2011 , 3:21pm
post #23 of 29

Is this the one your looking for, http://thejoyofcake.shutterfly.com/tutorials

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 31 May 2011 , 4:24pm
post #24 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenabbott00

I have so many things in my favorites! I would be totally lost without them. Maybe I should consider backing mine up. I did however find some new ones on this thread to add to my collection!icon_smile.gif

Yes do it, and do it sooner than later. When your computer crashes and there is no hope of getting everything back, you'll kick yourself a million times for not having your stuff backed up. My DH and I learned that lesson the hard way. Tutorials, cakes photo's not such a big deal as they can be found again, but so many personal photos gone forever, that was a very big deal.

susie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susie1 Posted 31 May 2011 , 6:32pm
post #25 of 29

I have never seen the billowing technique before. Thank you so much mommynana!

mommynana Posted 31 May 2011 , 10:32pm
post #26 of 29

Your Welcome icon_smile.gif

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 31 May 2011 , 10:52pm
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangriacupcake

Here's macsmom's googledoc of gourmet flavor recipes:
https://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

This is one of my favorite treasures from CC thumbs_up.gif

josefina20 Posted 31 May 2011 , 11:37pm
post #28 of 29

I just printed the gourmet flavors recipe file, i do not want to lose it again icon_biggrin.gif

josefina20 Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 4:32am
post #29 of 29

I found this web site, Cakes with bake http://www.cakeswebake.com/ it has a lot of video tutorial.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%