What Do You Think Of Rolled Buttercream?

Baking By cookieswithdots Updated 31 May 2011 , 7:33pm by cookieswithdots

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 30 May 2011 , 2:08am
post #1 of 9

I have done hundreds of cookies using rolled buttercream and just love how it is to work with and the taste.

Has anyone here used it on cupcakes? Just not sure. Maybe I'll give it a whirl but wanted to ask.

Thanks!
Melissaicon_smile.gif

8 replies
Leslie87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leslie87 Posted 30 May 2011 , 2:26am
post #2 of 9

So I've never heard of rolled buttercream before is it something you make or buy... Would love to know more about it?

cookieswithdots Posted 30 May 2011 , 2:57am
post #3 of 9

I make it. It is sweet, but goes great with sugar cookies. I just don't think that Fondant goes with cupcakes, but wondered about the rolled buttercream.

ShakyCakes99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShakyCakes99 Posted 30 May 2011 , 3:11am
post #4 of 9

I use the rolled marshmallow fondant. It is a little less greasy than the rolled butter cream, but tastes pretty much the same. I don't think you would have a problem using it on cupcakes. I don't think it would be too heavy for cupcakes. I might try that myself. icon_biggrin.gif

cookieswithdots Posted 30 May 2011 , 3:21am
post #5 of 9

Good to know. I think I'll do some this week. I'm doing my daughter's wedding on the 24th, so I need to nail down my ideas. I am so excited!

I'll post my results and let you know.

Melissa

PJ37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PJ37 Posted 30 May 2011 , 3:22am
post #6 of 9

I love it on NFSC and think it would be very good on cupcakes. (I have not " warmed up" to fondant on cookies or cupcakes...although I love the way it looks!) The RBC just tastes so much better!

cookieswithdots Posted 30 May 2011 , 3:35am
post #7 of 9

I have to agree with you about the Fondant on cupcakes; there is just something about it that doesn't seem right.

Melissa

JessicakesBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessicakesBakes Posted 30 May 2011 , 4:23am
post #8 of 9

What is rolled buttercream??

cookieswithdots Posted 31 May 2011 , 7:33pm
post #9 of 9

Wilton site has one recipe. Just be patient with working with it, takes time and some practice I've found.

Melissa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%