Rice Krispie Help Needed Please

Decorating By dreamacres Updated 31 May 2011 , 10:59am by MelissaJeane

dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 29 May 2011 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 9

I made a rookie mistake. Made numbers with premade rice krispie treats. I decide the "1" would be find on a skewer and was planning on doing the "3" with wire and skewer. Got caught up in the moment and did not use the wire on the 3. Should I start over with the 3. Will the rice krispies dry on their own? I am planning on covering with white chocolate and then I was going to cover in gumpaste, thinking it would make it even stronger. I will then airbrush. Thank you for your help.

8 replies
jessim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessim Posted 30 May 2011 , 12:19am
post #2 of 9

It should be okay, without the wire. I've never made numbers from rct, but I would maybe go light on the chocolate on the extended parts to keep the weight down. Hope it holds up for you.

dreamacres Posted 30 May 2011 , 12:27am
post #3 of 9

thanks so much for your help. do you think I would be better leaving the chocolate off and just covering with some buttercream/ gumpaste and let dry. I do have 4 days drying time.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 30 May 2011 , 12:36am
post #4 of 9

I used white chocolate under marshmallow fondant and it worked out great. I have never tried gumpaste though. I would think that it will be fine without the wire. I usually let my rice krispies dry about 24 hours before covering with MMF, but I don't think you would have to wait that long. It is just the way it works out for me with working full-time. I do all my caking after work.

jessim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessim Posted 30 May 2011 , 12:37am
post #5 of 9

I wouldn't think chocolate vs buttercream would make a big difference. Maybe let the rct dry for a day the cover with chocolate and gumpaste and give it time to set and if it stands for a while then you'll know. And you'll still have time.

dreamacres Posted 30 May 2011 , 11:34am
post #6 of 9

thanks so much all. Wish me luck.

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 30 May 2011 , 11:58am
post #7 of 9

Interesting, let the RKT dry? why??? I have never done this, and I have not had a problem! Am I missing something icon_confused.gif Oh please tell me in case I have a disaster waiting to happen!! I love using that stuff to make mini sculptures with that are too small for cake, but too large for gumpaste!

HN83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HN83 Posted 31 May 2011 , 8:45am
post #8 of 9

Hi Ladies, I have some question on RKT.
I tot of making the RKT for my laptop screen. As mentioned above, I will cover my RKT with chocolate and thn fondant.

Will it be steady enough to stand? Thank you.

MelissaJeane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaJeane Posted 31 May 2011 , 10:59am
post #9 of 9

I let my castle walls dry for a day before covering and they were supported with PVC. It worked out great. This weekend when I made a dragon with the super high humidity they just wanted to sink they refused to set up. If you need them to stand like a laptop screen make sure they set up well and have them in a temperature controlled room.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%