Yet Another Airbrush Disaster What Am I Doing Wrong

Decorating By kellyanne1981 Updated 30 May 2011 , 12:14am by kellyanne1981

kellyanne1981 Posted 29 May 2011 , 9:29pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, first thanks for clicking and reading!!

i had to make a cake quick, and i didnt want to spend ages making fondent black, so i covered the cake and airbrushed it black, job done....or so i thought. the colour made everyones lips n teeth black, majorly black, luckily it was for friends!!

this is also a problem i have with my printer images

the cake had been made over 24 hours before delivery so i would expect the colours to have set, and not stained everything, is there something i can use to help it set? im sure i didnt over spray and i have the same problem with pictures from my edible printer :S

im totally open to any tips advice or suggestions as i am eager to use this equipment xxx

3 replies
nikki4199 Posted 29 May 2011 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 4

I think any dark colors will dye your mouth such as red black blue green. as far as I know there is nothing you can do. I always try to get away from those colors as the main color and use more as accent coloring.

BlakesCakes Posted 29 May 2011 , 10:53pm
post #3 of 4

"Setting" doesn't mitigate the fact that once it gets wet with saliva, it's a liquid again, free to migrate around the eater's mouth and stain teeth, tongue, lips, etc.

This happens with fondant, buttercream, etc. It's just a simple fact when using dark colors.

Rae

kellyanne1981 Posted 30 May 2011 , 12:14am
post #4 of 4

So long as its not just me doing something wrong. ill try n stay clear of dark colours in future. Thanks x x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%