Desparatley Needeing Block Cream Cheese In The Uk!

Decorating By lovecheesecake Updated 21 May 2017 , 4:27pm by Shell66

Cakes-and-bakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes-and-bakes Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 6:10pm
post #31 of 34

just a thought, youd be surprised what you find at the deli section of some markets, especially the ethnic ones. some of them sell blocked cream cheese by the pound along with all the other cheeses. you might find one you like. just a thought.

lovecheesecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovecheesecake Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 6:43pm
post #32 of 34

your so right hon- mission find block cheese at the deli store!

thanks for the tip!

sekac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sekac Posted 30 Sep 2012 , 1:16pm
post #33 of 34

I have also been on the hunt for a proper block cream cheese in the UK. The whipped varieties just won't do what they should for a really good traditional cheesecake. I did manage to find a place in Ireland called Fair Fayre. They had shipping problems though and although goods should have been sent chilled in 24 hours, they arrived to me 2-3 days later in Cambridge and I couldn't trust that they would be suitable for consumption. However, the cream cheese they do looks like the right kind but you have to buy a 3 kg tub of it so be prepared ot make LOTS of cheesecakes or share it with friends. If you have found anything more about where to get a good cream cheese, let me know. I intend to ring Philadelphia soon to inquire but whereas once upon a time I could buy the block cream cheese here in the UK, now it seems all I can get are the whipped tubs which have too much air in them. Suggestions from anyone please.

Shell66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shell66 Posted 21 May 2017 , 4:27pm
post #34 of 34

Same problem here. The soft tub cream cheese is very popular here in the UK, but they do not sell the block cream cheese at all.

I moved from Ohio, US. to the UK 5 years ago. There are many things I am able to find on amazon co uk, but not Philadelphia block cream cheese.  

For those confused. The Philadelphia block (Original) cream cheese is much denser, less moisture and better for baking things like NY style cheesecakes.  If you don't live in the US, it is nearly impossible to find.  (Sad face) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%