Golf Cake

Decorating By lauriekailee Updated 13 Jul 2011 , 1:44am by terrylee

lauriekailee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauriekailee Posted 29 May 2011 , 6:39am
post #1 of 5

Guys, I need some really great ideas, and I knew this was the place to go!

I am making a cake for a professional golf tournament. It needs to feed 400 people. I have permission to use the 2 logos,but they couldn't be the whole cake. I have already done a lifesize golf bag and golf shoes, 2years in a row. I don't know what else to do. Any great ideas, or even some crazy ideas?

Help??

Laurie

4 replies
LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 29 May 2011 , 7:08am
post #2 of 5

Scaled down fairway? Golf Ball on a tee and club?

If it were me I'd probably do the scaled down fairway as you can get the right amount of servings quite easily

lauriekailee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauriekailee Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 5:24am
post #3 of 5

not sure why no one will help with ideas. I have already done life size golf bag and shoes.

I have thought of doing a cake of the golf course layout but it will be kinda boring. Any ideas for a three or four tier cake but in a way that I can still include the logo of the tournament and the logo of the golf course hosting the tournament.

I really need some ideas guys! My creative vision seems to be turned off!

HELP!!!

Laurie

SnowBabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SnowBabe Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 1:21am
post #4 of 5

what about a gold cart ? That would be pretty rad?

and maybe some gold green with it & a little lake or something.

I am making a golf cake icon_smile.gif as well

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 1:44am
post #5 of 5

Maybe make a two tier presentation cake.... golf clubs, balls, tees out of gumpaste around the base tier.. and a large round golf ball for the top tier and a golfer standing or sitting on top of the golf ball.
for the rest of the guest, cupcakes. green grass with golf balls and or tees on them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%