Golf Cake

Decorating By lauriekailee Updated 13 Jul 2011 , 1:44am by terrylee

lauriekailee Posted 29 May 2011 , 6:39am
post #1 of 5

Guys, I need some really great ideas, and I knew this was the place to go!

I am making a cake for a professional golf tournament. It needs to feed 400 people. I have permission to use the 2 logos,but they couldn't be the whole cake. I have already done a lifesize golf bag and golf shoes, 2years in a row. I don't know what else to do. Any great ideas, or even some crazy ideas?

4 replies
LisaPeps Posted 29 May 2011 , 7:08am
post #2 of 5

Scaled down fairway? Golf Ball on a tee and club?

If it were me I'd probably do the scaled down fairway as you can get the right amount of servings quite easily

lauriekailee Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 5:24am
post #3 of 5

not sure why no one will help with ideas. I have already done life size golf bag and shoes.

I have thought of doing a cake of the golf course layout but it will be kinda boring. Any ideas for a three or four tier cake but in a way that I can still include the logo of the tournament and the logo of the golf course hosting the tournament.

I really need some ideas guys! My creative vision seems to be turned off!

SnowBabe Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 1:21am
post #4 of 5

what about a gold cart ? That would be pretty rad?

and maybe some gold green with it & a little lake or something.

I am making a golf cake icon_smile.gif as well

terrylee Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 1:44am
post #5 of 5

Maybe make a two tier presentation cake.... golf clubs, balls, tees out of gumpaste around the base tier.. and a large round golf ball for the top tier and a golfer standing or sitting on top of the golf ball.
for the rest of the guest, cupcakes. green grass with golf balls and or tees on them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%