How Much Do You Charge For Rental Of Cupcake Stand?

Baking By Motta Updated 30 May 2011 , 12:16pm by SnLSweetEscapes

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 29 May 2011 , 3:01am
post #1 of 6

I charged $25 for a 6 tier stand rental. I took a $300 deposit on the stand thinking that was reasonable because it cost me that much to buy it. Now I find out that some bakers charge waaay more for the rental alone - up to $150.

Just looking for your input so I can see if there's an average price out there. Thanks!!!

5 replies
Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 29 May 2011 , 5:45am
post #2 of 6

My stand is 7 tiers if i rent the whole thing I ask for $50, & less as the tiers go down but I paid $70 for my stand
So Id think the more expensive/fancy the stand is the higher the rent goes

HTH

SnLSweetEscapes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SnLSweetEscapes Posted 30 May 2011 , 12:04am
post #3 of 6

Where did you get a 7 tier stand for $70? I am curious. Right now I am using different size cake stands for mine. I am thinking of going through cupcaketree.com to get some.

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 30 May 2011 , 12:24am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SawLil

Where did you get a 7 tier stand for $70? I am curious. Right now I am using different size cake stands for mine. I am thinking of going through cupcaketree.com to get some.

http://www.efavormart.com/

I was lucky & found someone who would share the shipping with me

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 30 May 2011 , 2:17am
post #5 of 6

SawLil - what do you charge for rental on your stands?

SnLSweetEscapes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SnLSweetEscapes Posted 30 May 2011 , 12:16pm
post #6 of 6

Well I am new to this so I am not sure if it is a good price. I charge a $50 refundable fee. I am thinking of going through cupcaketree.com and charging people the cost of the stand and then a set up fee. This way I don't have to worry about getting anything back. I am an in home bakery and live in the middle of no where so this would make it easier on the customer trying to get it back to me. They can just toss it when it is done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%